PDA

View Full Version : MVP Baseball 2005 graphic bugs

Mr Six
03-08-05, 06:54 PM
Hi

I just got this game today i would like to know if i am the only having some minor problems with the graphics.

First off all , the AA seems completely borked.There is almost no difference between no AA and 4x AA (and even 8xAA for that matter)

Second , there seem to be a weird effect on the grass in the field and on the player uniforms.I think that it's what people call shimmering but i'm not sure.It is very annoying.

And finally , the game does not seem to run 100 % fluid.It is ok and very playable but there seems to be some chopiness when the camera follow the ball rapidly.

I have a 6800 GT and i use the 67.66 drivers so i would like to know if someone with the same setup have the same problems.Also , it would be interesting to know if the people using a different set of drivers have thtese problems too (i really don't feel like testing many different sets just for that game).

Other than that , the game is pretty cool and very realistic.Lot of mods and the gameplay is great :)

Nitz Walsh
03-09-05, 08:50 AM
Hi

And finally , the game does not seem to run 100 % fluid.It is ok and very playable but there seems to be some chopiness when the camera follow the ball rapidly.

:mad:

Sorry I can't help you, but I'm ticked. MVP 2004 has horrible choppiness regardless of the system, and I was hoping EA would actually fix that for 2005.

F'ing EA. Pathetic.

stncttr908
03-09-05, 01:04 PM
Their PC ports are always their last priority. :thumbdwn:

OWA
03-09-05, 05:48 PM
:mad:

Sorry I can't help you, but I'm ticked. MVP 2004 has horrible choppiness regardless of the system, and I was hoping EA would actually fix that for 2005.

F'ing EA. Pathetic.

MVP 2004 use to be a little choppy on my system when panning and it was that way on both my systems. The first patch helped some. Anyway, it's no longer choppy now. The only thing different is that I'm using a nforce3 board with an AMD 64 3500+ instead of a AMD XP 3200+/nforce2 board.

Edit: Actually, there is another difference. I've now installed all 4 patches for MVP 2004.

OWA
03-12-05, 12:39 PM
Hi

I just got this game today i would like to know if i am the only having some minor problems with the graphics.

First off all , the AA seems completely borked.There is almost no difference between no AA and 4x AA (and even 8xAA for that matter)

Second , there seem to be a weird effect on the grass in the field and on the player uniforms.I think that it's what people call shimmering but i'm not sure.It is very annoying.

I have a 6800 GT and i use the 67.66 drivers so i would like to know if someone with the same setup have the same problems.Also , it would be interesting to know if the people using a different set of drivers have thtese problems too (i really don't feel like testing many different sets just for that game).

Other than that , the game is pretty cool and very realistic.Lot of mods and the gameplay is great :)

Wow, no kidding. The grass is horrible and the choppiness when throwing the ball from the outfield to the infield is really bad as well. It is worse than the choppiness that MVP 2004 started out with (that they eventually got smoothed out with a few patches). I'm not sure what is up with the grass. Even in HQ mode and 16xAF, it's like twinkling lights.

On the positive side, they support my controller out the box this time. Didn't have to edit the config file or anything so that's nice.

OWA
03-12-05, 07:42 PM
Just as an update, it appears to be a game issue. I just installed it on my other system (X800 Pro) and it's the same way there. The shimmering in the grass is horrible and the ball in motion is very choppy. Hopefully they'll release a patch soon.

Mr Six
03-13-05, 01:41 PM
Ok

Thanks a lot for your testing OWA

Somehow i knew that it had to be the game and not my video card/drivers set.

Seems to me that EA is becoming more and more lazy with their sport franchises (NHL , FIFA , MVP ect ect ect ).First they "forgot" to include the league leader stats in NHL 2005 (you can only see them team by team so its pretty lame) and now this ?

Instead of buying everything that could compete with them , they should concentrate more to fix their games instead.

Like you said , i hope that a patch fix this in the futur but it is still disapointing (especially considering that NHL 2005 is out since september and there are still no patch for it)

EA WAKE THE **** UP !!!

Euphoric
03-14-05, 03:02 PM
http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Downloads

This site claims a patch is available. I'm interested in this game, but don't want all the problems. I'm curious if the above patch is the needed fix.

OWA
03-14-05, 07:50 PM
The link they provide to the official patch doesn't seem to be working for me. The EA "check for update" link says there isn't a patch.

Euphoric
03-15-05, 11:12 AM
Seems to be working now.

OWA
03-15-05, 06:40 PM
Yep, it's working now but you have to be a registered user to download it. :fu: I hate when they do that. The EA link still says there are no patches available. I wonder if it is a beta patch or something.

Euphoric
03-15-05, 08:02 PM
I don't know any more than whats on that page. It's an 800KB file I got it if you want it. Just PM me.

OWA
03-15-05, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the offer but I went ahead and registered so I could download it. :)

OWA
03-23-05, 06:51 PM
Just as an update. I was able to almost completely eliminate the shimmering on the X800 Pro by just using 16xAF. I get a little screen corruption when skipping replays and stuff but the shimmering is almost gone. Before I was using the CCC and I guess I had some problem with my settings working but with the regular CP, things are fine.