PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Doom3 SP map!!

holmes
03-08-05, 07:02 PM
For all you Doom3 lovers (you know who you are), this is the greatest Doom3 SP mod I''ve played. It's the T-Labs Complex 1.1 and I must say, this guy is super talented. Seriously... This thing is super detailed and very intense. Give yourself a good 1-2 hrs and a dark room w/the sound cranked....

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/;37305
:D

SH64
03-08-05, 10:20 PM
Checkin' it out ! ..

Edge
03-09-05, 12:49 AM
Pretty decent map, the arcitecture and everything is very well done. Almost good enough to be part of Doom 3's main scenario. Only problem with it is that it seems to rely too much on the "find the key to open the door you passed 5 minutes ago" type gameplay (replace "key" with "open door button", where need be). Otherwise a very nice user-made level. Would've been easier if I knew you started with a pistol though, I got all the way past the first Imp before I realized my fists and flashlight weren't my only weapons (and I was playing on Hard mode, too!).

holmes
03-09-05, 03:22 AM
Yeah, only real problem with it is there's a lot of backtracking... However, desipte that, it sums up the finer qualities of Doom3 in a nutshell... :)

holmes
03-09-05, 03:24 AM
Not sure what the default mode is since I just typed map game/..../... into the console to play (I run Doom3 under linux) the end boss is pretty tough. I admit to having to resort to switching god mode on while I did a give health/armor a couple of times...

Wolfhound
03-09-05, 12:20 PM
Very nice ... and tought map havenīt finished yet

rewt
03-10-05, 05:26 AM
I like it a lot. Scared the mess out of me, even more so than the original game! You're right, the person who made this deserves some killer props for his/her work.

Thanks for sharing this with us holmes :)

DMA
03-11-05, 03:23 PM
Very nice!
Damn this engine rocks. :drooling:
Haven't played D3 for a while now but its still makes me go WOW! :)
Can't wait for RoE.

Intel17
03-11-05, 07:19 PM
Hehe, I hope reception to my D3 map is as good! :-)

UnDead
03-22-05, 02:38 PM
I agree that this is a good map but i cant kill sarge at the end, can anyone tell me if there is something special to do? Or is it only that im bad?

I have no bfg-ammo left so maybe i have to go back a while in the savings?

/Erik

holmes
03-22-05, 06:07 PM
yeah, sarge is really tough in this... if you save up your ammo it could be done, but I would do a "give health" and "give armor" in between getting my butt stomped on. That or do a cheat for more BFG ammo....

UnDead
03-22-05, 07:22 PM
Ok, thanks i will have it a go again to try without cheating but if that doesnt work i will try som give bfg ammo or what it now is :)

Finaly i found a place you can stand and shoot a few rounds without him hitting you and i finished him off with the handgun :)

I didnt even have to cheat (proud) :D

OWA
03-27-05, 12:06 PM
I like it a lot. Scared the mess out of me, even more so than the original game! You're right, the person who made this deserves some killer props for his/her work.

Thanks for sharing this with us holmes :)
I'll second that. I just got around to trying this and it is great so far. It has me made jump quite a bit already. I love it. :)

Marcos
03-28-05, 05:04 PM
its a good map it could fit in the game nicely