PDA

View Full Version : DVD Movie Chopiness

SDPlissken
03-08-05, 08:39 PM
Hey, I have a eVGA Vanilla 6800. Everything's cool but DVD movies seem to playback with very slight chopiness....seems like everything is delayed for a second.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I use powerdvd software.

gram_vaz
03-08-05, 08:43 PM
it does it when u play dvds from the dvd drive? like the video will take a sligh split second pause but all the sound is still ok? i think that's normal. u can try ripping dvd to the hd with dvd shrink and playing it from there.

SDPlissken
03-08-05, 08:46 PM
Yeah when I play movies straight from the HD. ...I'm don't really want to rip them. I guess my DVD read speed isn't fast enough? I think it may be because I am sharing a power supply cord that's connected to other three....but I have a 550 Watt Power supply.

gram_vaz
03-08-05, 08:48 PM
when u play the movies directly from the hd it still does this? that's not normal.

as for playing the dvd from the dvd drive i think that's normal. i'm not sure wether it's due to the dvd drive itself or something else. there was a thread about it at the guru forums. i'll try to find it and edit it into this post.

[edit] http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104883&highlight=dvd+stutter

it seems there are ways to fix this problem.

crainger
03-08-05, 08:50 PM
I would try updating the drivers for your hardware.

SDPlissken
03-08-05, 08:54 PM
ohhh...whoops. my bad. I meant straight from the DVD drive. not the HD. PLaying from the HD is perfectly fine.

crainger
03-08-05, 09:18 PM
ohhh...whoops. my bad. I meant straight from the DVD drive. not the HD. PLaying from the HD is perfectly fine.

Oh well in that case check to make sure DMA is enabled for that drive

SDPlissken
03-09-05, 03:18 AM
How would I do that?

edit: ahh never mind. i google it up myself.

holmes
03-09-05, 06:12 AM
You might want to make sure you have an Ultra DMA 100/133 cable for that drive. I remember a while back, I tried using a lesser DMA cable (66 ?) for my DVD drive and had choppiness. Switched it out for a new cable and everything ran like it was supposed to...