PDA

View Full Version : NFS:Underground 2 patch v1.2

SH64
03-08-05, 08:43 PM
Electronic Arts has issued new retail patches for Need for Speed Underground 2, accelerating the US and European editions of their street racing simulation sequel to version 1.2. Word is these updates will "Increase performance on NVIDIA 6800 series cards running on high resolution."

grab it here :
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/needforspeed8/downloads/

wish i had my 6800 to test that ...

six_storm
03-08-05, 10:13 PM
Too bad I'm 250 miles away from home to try it out . . . oh well.

TierMann
03-08-05, 10:46 PM
Tried it here. Seems to run nice.
1280x1024. Game details all at max, with all available options on.
Not a single stutter and fps seemed solid.

fivefeet8
03-08-05, 11:24 PM
is there a no-cd crack already for patch 1.2?

Not yet, but there are mountable small image files of the play disk to circumvent such things. ;)

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 12:16 AM
i have no hd space left for an image file... :(

The image is only 2 megs. You should have 2 megs left. :o

BTW. The game runs noticeably better on my 6800 ultra. Very smooth at 1280x1024 4xAA/16xAF MAX detail options. Nice. I'd say the FPS is between 40-60 fps most of the times and never dips below 30 fps.

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 01:17 AM
really?!!!... wer can i find this image file? :)

You've got PM. :lol

Parts
03-09-05, 01:33 AM
always wondered do those files work for games like BF1942 that needs a cd, but no-cd cracks dont work because of the .exe file differences? if so id like a good place to get them too, so I dont need to keep puttin my bf1942 cd in to play

Superfly
03-09-05, 04:39 AM
sadly cant link you to anything here - perhaps you could pm me??

RealLifePixelShader
03-09-05, 05:09 AM
Man it rock much better running 1280x1024 Anti-Aliasing x 8 and Anistropic x 16 and all other settings in game on max

RealLifePixelShader
03-09-05, 05:42 AM
Why does the patch not appear on EA site?

RealLifePixelShader
03-09-05, 05:43 AM
And where can I get a change log

PikachuMan
03-09-05, 09:47 AM
And where can I get a change log

Click the "about this file" on the 3DGamers page for the patch.

EA GAMES(tm) presents
NEED FOR SPEED(tm) UNDERGROUND 2 Patch 1.2
README

Improvement
===========

* Increase performance on NVIDIA 6800 series cards running on high
resolution.

Bug Fixes
=========

* Game crashing under certain conditions in Online Lobby for game
running on Windows 98 and Windows ME.
* An internet connection is no longer required to host LAN games.
* A change in the UI relating to people convicted of cheating.
People convicted of chronic cheating will no longer be flagged,
as there was a bug early on that would convict people of cheating
even when they did not cheat.

(C) 2004 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved.

END OF NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2 PATCH 2 README

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 10:22 AM
fivefeet8...

do i need to re-install nfsu2 using image files of the 2 original cds? then thats the time i can already use the nfsu2 mini-image?

coz i tried the mini-image, it didnt work...

There are 2 mini images at that site. Try the other image if the first one doesn't work. I'm using image #2 btw. Also, what are you using to mount the image with?

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 10:46 AM
Try using Daemon tools.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5&sid=755e287ee00f3c350e939bc651cd3921

And enable all emulation options. Oh and to your first question. There are many other games that have these small image files to run without a crack. I use these small image files for SC:PT, LOTR:BFME, and a few other games.

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 10:50 AM
can i use alcohol & daemon at the same time?

i already have mini image #1... going to try it tomorrow... its already 1am in the morning... need to sleep... :) tnx

Disable Alcohol if it causes problems.

saturnotaku
03-09-05, 10:53 AM
And enable all emulation options. Oh and to your first question. There are many other games that have these small image files to run without a crack. I use these small image files for SC:PT, LOTR:BFME, and a few other games.

You're wrong about the emulation options because the newer versions of SafeDisc and SecuROM have detection schemes to know when you're using programs like Daemon Tools and CloneCD. Thanks to the optical hardware I'm running right now, I can mount images of games with the latest copy protections (except Riddick, I have to use a backup CD-R copy I made) on CD and DVD-ROM without needing to use emulation.

I spent several hours reading articles and threads on the CD Freaks forums (http://club.cdfreaks.com) before messing around with software and wasting CD and DVD-R discs. I suggest anyone looking for more information do the same.

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 10:58 AM
You're wrong about the emulation options because the newer versions of SafeDisc and SecuROM have detection schemes to know when you're using programs like Daemon Tools and CloneCD.

How can I be wrong when I'm simply making a suggestion? Which seemed to work from my end.

saturnotaku
03-09-05, 11:02 AM
It may be the particular games you're running. From my experience Far Cry, Riddick and NFS: U2 (off the top of my head) haven't liked running with emulation on - they all cough up an error about CD/DVD emulation software being detected. If I turn it off, the games work.

Now that I think about it, it's probably a combination of the hardware used to create the image (the Lite-On DVD-166 is about the best drive for busting most current copy protection schemes) as well as the software. Hell, even different games work differently if you use Alcohol, Clone CD, Blindwrite. There are a ton of factors here. So I apologize for calling you "wrong." Just suffered from a bit of temporary myopia. :)

fivefeet8
03-09-05, 11:08 AM
It may be the particular games you're running. From my experience Far Cry, Riddick and NFS: U2 (off the top of my head) haven't liked running with emulation on - they all cough up an error about CD/DVD emulation software being detected. If I turn it off, the games work.

Now that I think about it, it's probably a combination of the hardware used to create the image (the Lite-On DVD-166 is about the best drive for busting most current copy protection schemes) as well as the software. Hell, even different games work differently if you use Alcohol, Clone CD, Blindwrite. There are a ton of factors here. So I apologize for calling you "wrong." Just suffered from a bit of temporary myopia. :)

No problem. I also agree that many factors can affect the situation with the image working. But the image we're talking about was made by someone else so we have no knowledge of what was used to make it. It's also only a 2 meg mountable image for the play disk of NFSU2.

RealLifePixelShader
03-10-05, 01:00 AM
Looks like this thread turned into a "How to copy games 101 class"

lognoronon
03-10-05, 01:30 AM
Looks like this thread turned into a "How to copy games 101 class"

Not really. Some of us just can't stand swapping in 20 different cd's a day.

saturnotaku
03-10-05, 06:15 AM
Not really. Some of us just can't stand swapping in 20 different cd's a day.

Or we want to have backups because we don't want our original CDs to get scratched/damaged.

carkis
03-10-05, 10:03 AM
You usually pay $10 or so for a replacement disc, I've seen. May vary.

carkis
03-10-05, 11:50 AM
$10?!!?!?!!?!!11 omg :eek:

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous ... and that was for an old CD-based game. I don't wanna know what a DVD game would cost. I'm sure it depends on the publisher.

OWA
03-11-05, 04:25 PM
I still get the weird line down the left side and across the top when light trails are enabled. Maybe it's a driver issue though. Other than that, things are much smoother when settings are maxed.