PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 2003 Help!

pelly
12-03-02, 07:11 PM
Dah!
My game CD has a scratch on it and I can't full-install the game!!!

My ( legit ) copy of NBA Live 2003 has a read-error when trying to copy the following file:

ubi.viv

If anyone has this game and would be willing to help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated! ( Teaches me to go buy legit copies, my "other" games are always in .zip forms in case anything goes wrong :D )

pelly@nvnews.net

Thanks guys!

LORD-eX-Bu
12-03-02, 07:30 PM
Bah! Quit trying to lie Pelly! Go buy the DAMN game!:p
Just messin' wit ya, haha, I only have the demo.:D :D :D

EDIT: I keep mines in ".rar" format. Much better.:D

pelly
12-03-02, 07:43 PM
I bought it, I promise!!!

:D

LORD-eX-Bu
12-03-02, 07:46 PM
Too bad you can't RMA pc games, lol. Sell it on ebay to some idiot, or try to use isobuster to extract an image of the cd, thats what I do, it usually takes forever because of the scratch, but it should get all the data. If that doesn't work, go buy one of those CD doctor things to polish out that scratch.;)

I right click on the CD in ISO buster and tell it to extract the raw data and save it as ISO.:D

EDIT: Oh yeah, to prevent this from happening in the future, you can buy those cover things for the data side of the CD. It is transparent so the drive can read the data just like it normally would and instead of the CD taking all the punishment, the little cover does.

thcdru2k
12-03-02, 08:25 PM
do you still need it pelly? i'll send it to you right now.

pelly
12-03-02, 08:39 PM
Awesome!!!
I just received the file and was saved an additional $39.99!

Thanks guys...you can imagine how angry I would be if I had to go buy the game AGAIN!

:)

styles-T
12-03-02, 09:39 PM
Why dont you try repairing the CD..I think they have CD repair kits out there somewhere..

pelly
12-03-02, 10:24 PM
I'm going to make a backup CD using the old CD and the ubi.viv file that was sent to me.....
Hopefully, I can use the two to make a CD that will work...

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

:D

stncttr908
12-04-02, 01:09 PM
Did you purchase this online or from a store? A store should replace it, especially if you tell them that you got it that way.

pelly
12-04-02, 01:38 PM
I bought it from Best Buy.....but it didn't come that way...My own carelessness let the disk get scratched...

:rolleyes:

saturnotaku
12-04-02, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pelly
I bought it from Best Buy.....but it didn't come that way...My own carelessness let the disk get scratched...

They don't need to know that. BB is really good about taking stuff back like that. And it's not like you'd be asking for a refund. All you want is an exchange. :)

demonized
12-05-02, 07:58 AM
Have you heard of Skip Doctor? EB games has it on their stores:)