PDA

View Full Version : Alright. My 2 6800GTs are here.

Pages : [1] 2 3

ChrisRay
03-10-05, 10:23 AM
Alright everyone. I just got my 2 6800GTs to arrive. I plan on doing another SLI investigation. However this will will focus on High Resolution, With AA/AF. I also intend to tackle shader performance. Between AFR and SFR mode.

I unfortunately did not get the power plug adaptors.. So I must go get some.. grr. But. In the upcoming investigation. I am going to use the games I already have used + several more synthetics. I would also like to let people post suggestions on what they'd like to see, ((software, Games, ect)) Point of this post is. If you'd like to see anything in my upcoming analysis. Let me know. I will try to fit it in or at least tell you if its possible.

Chris

JoKeRr
03-10-05, 01:12 PM
:d Die Die Dieeeee!!!!! U Sooo Baddasssss Evil Kris Raaayyy~:d

macatak
03-10-05, 06:24 PM
. I would also like to let people post suggestions on what they'd like to see, ((software, Games, ect))Chris
Games mainly, Far Cry, Doom3, Riddick, HL2 etc
thx

ps, i don't know how to play Specview or whatever it is :D

J-Mag
03-10-05, 06:34 PM
I would like to see some testing on PCI-E bandwidth (as in overclocking your PCI-E bus)

I have tried overclocking my PCI-E bus to 2.8ghz and I could have sworn the first run of a doom3 uncached timedemo was faster, but this was just on one card at 16x. )

It is highly possible that the difference is so small it isn't noticable until working with different types of SLI using more bandwidth. Although, this is just speculation on my part.

SH64
03-10-05, 06:50 PM
Dang just when i thought i already beat you ! :p

grimreefer
03-10-05, 06:58 PM
chronicle of riddick:
create sli profile and run sm2.0++

ChrisRay
03-10-05, 07:41 PM
COR has an SLI profile. I am currently trying to get that title. Anyway. Any other requests? I wont be doing specview, I want to concentrate only on the Pixel/Vertex shader increases when regards to synthetics.

Dang just when i thought i already beat you ! :p

Pah! Actually from what I see in your sig.. it is better than my setup. ;)

UclaBob
03-10-05, 08:50 PM
Alright everyone. I just got my 2 6800GTs to arrive. I plan on doing another SLI investigation. However this will will focus on High Resolution, With AA/AF. I also intend to tackle shader performance. Between AFR and SFR mode.

I unfortunately did not get the power plug adaptors.. So I must go get some.. grr. But. In the upcoming investigation. I am going to use the games I already have used + several more synthetics. I would also like to let people post suggestions on what they'd like to see, ((software, Games, ect)) Point of this post is. If you'd like to see anything in my upcoming analysis. Let me know. I will try to fit it in or at least tell you if its possible.

Chris

That 3D Mark 03 score is pretty close to what I'm getting....whew, at least I know that I set my system up right :).

ChrisRay
03-10-05, 08:53 PM
That 3D Mark 03 score is pretty close to what I'm getting....whew, at least I know that I set my system up right :).

The discrepency is probably that you have Overclock versions of the 6800GTs. Which makes sense anyway ;) Mine are just reference models. However its kinda cool because the reference models both have Dual DVI.

SH64
03-10-05, 09:19 PM
Pah! Actually from what I see in your sig.. it is better than my setup. ;)

With your CPU o/ced @2.4Ghz we are about equal . i have nothing overcloked now :D
i think i need a better fan for the 4000 .. the stock is giving me a headache .

anyway on-topic .. i'm looking for tests on the new games supported by SLI in the new drivers .
i tested Thief 3 for exmaple & i'm amazed by the extra performance added . now its running smoothly (kinda) @1600x1200,4xAA,8xAF(HQ) !

ChrisRay
03-10-05, 09:24 PM
With your CPU o/ced @2.4Ghz we are about equal . i have nothing overcloked now :D
i think i need a better fan for the 4000 .. the stock is giving me a headache .

anyway on-topic .. i'm looking for tests on the new games supported by SLI in the new drivers .
i tested Thief 3 for exmaple & i'm amazed by the extra performance added . now its running smoothly (kinda) @1600x1200,4xAA,8xAF(HQ) !

Actually. My CPU isnt overclocked. It's stock @ 2.4 Ghz. The only differenmce between Athlon 64 3800+ and Athlon 64 4000+ is cache size. They both run @ 2.4 Ghz. The 4000+ Has 1 Meg of cache and the 3800+ Has 512 KBs of cache ;)

Dont be hesitant to force SLI if you dont have a profile. I have experienced very few problems with it in and forcing it with the 2 6600GTs, I am actually glad I have used the 6600GTs because it gave me an opurtunity to get my feet wet before I went diving. The 6600's did surprisingly well as well. SLI for me is probably the greatest thing since sliced bread. I cant get over the performance in some cases :) I am going to play Far Cry tonight @ 1600x1200 4xAA/16xAF because I can. My 6600GTs couldnt but neither can my single 6800GT. So definately excited ;)

holmes
03-10-05, 10:42 PM
I'm curious if Star Wars Republic Commandos (SWRC) benefits much from SLI. It'd be nice if you could squeeze that game in...
:)

bkswaney
03-11-05, 12:16 AM
Enjoy man. :D

I'm going to build the first Intel SLI setup.
As soon as I can get my hands on a board look out. :drooling:
I'm going to use two GT's or maybe 2 regular 6800's if money runs low.

jAkUp
03-11-05, 12:23 AM
Man I'm tearing my house apart trying to find my FEAR CDKey :( I really wanna play this game

wEEt
03-11-05, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see Riddick with Shader 2.0++ It runs horrible with my 6800GT...

jAkUp
03-11-05, 01:31 AM
Don't bother running riddick.. it ran terrible with my SLI setup... but then again, I was using older drivers.

ChrisRay
03-11-05, 01:42 AM
Don't bother running riddick.. it ran terrible with my SLI setup... but then again, I was using older drivers.

Well there is a new SLI profile.. but I am having a hell of a time getting this game right now.. and I know everyone wants it..

zoomy942
03-11-05, 02:00 AM
Man I'm tearing my house apart trying to find my FEAR CDKey :( I really wanna play this game

you should be able to lg into your fileplanet account and look at your profile and it has your beta keys saved for you

SH64
03-11-05, 02:05 AM
I suspect that the new Riddick profile will only improve performance in SM2.0 not SM2.0++ .

i'm going to try Riddick soon though . hope i can beat Chris to it ! :p

ChrisRay
03-11-05, 02:08 AM
I suspect that the new Riddick profile will only improve performance in SM2.0 not SM2.0++ .

i'm going to try Riddick soon though . hope i can beat Chris to it ! :p

Whats with you all of a sudden challenging me? ;) I wont post till I start my SLI analysis for 6800GT. I am also debating on waiting for official drivers to do it.

SH64
03-11-05, 02:12 AM
Whats with you all of a sudden challenging me? ;)

& whats with you getting 2 6800GTs right after me ?? Haha ;)

ChrisRay
03-11-05, 02:17 AM
& whats with you getting 2 6800GTs right after me ?? Haha ;)

See.. it was like this...

1 6800 NU..

Made my e-pen0s feel like this in the day.

================+D

Then after a while when they became available... in quantity.. my e-pen0s felt like this..

==+D

Then my 6800NU died and I was using a 9800 Pro. So my E-pen0s felt like this

+D

Then I got a 6800GT and it gave me some life to my e-pen0s again.

=======+D

However my system was starting to wane and the Ahtlon XP was showing it age. I wanted an SLI system to try EQ 2 with. So I moved my Second rig to my chat machine.. got dual 6600GTs... and it made me feel like I had 2 e-pen0s..

======+D
======+D

But I decided two wasnt enough.. So I wanted to have 3 e-pen0s ans have 6600GT SLi card.. 6800GT.. Single.. and 6800GT SLI setup..

Now my e-gr0in looks like this

=====+D
================+D
=====+D

As you can see its been a very important upgrade path for me. Ha! Seriously though. I wanted to have 256 megs of memory again. Thats essentially the reason for the upgrade. 6600GT's were mainly to get my feet wet and SLI has been a great experience for me.. So I wanted almost the best SLI had to offer.

jAkUp
03-11-05, 02:58 AM
I finally found my key for FEAR, and its completely borked with SLI :(

PSYCHODAD
03-11-05, 03:00 AM
Chris, when you describe it like that I realize why I like my SLI setup so much. :p

ChrisRay
03-11-05, 03:34 AM
I finally found my key for FEAR, and its completely borked with SLI :(

Ya I have experienced problems with the 71.84 and AFR in NWN, I really dont care for these 71.84. I think I may try 75.90 again. But those 76.10 drivers did nasty things to my poor PC.