PDA

View Full Version : MY BFG Geforce 6800GT

Trunkz
03-11-05, 10:42 PM
ok, its been almost 3 months now..and I can't really overclock this damn card without seeing artifacts in certain games, like splinter cell 3 demo and chronicles of riddick..and also in benchmark programs such as 3dmark03 and 05, not aquamark. anyway, i dont even overclock the card very high just simple 400/1100.. is there any diff bios out there (GT) that i can download that has more voltage or something? i even had my room cold to see if it was heating problems (and believe me, it was freezing in my room..), and i put some artic silver 5 on the gpu and ram also..and still no difference. i have the dual fan custom fan version... can anyone help?

superklye
03-11-05, 10:49 PM
You could volt-mod it, I guess...but it's kinda dangerous and may not work.

Other people here can help you out with that, and I believe there is a rather large thread dedicated to it in thise forum. Just do a search and see what you come up with. Be careful though...it's $400, don't forget. ;)

bkswaney
03-11-05, 11:09 PM
Try running your card at 395/1090.

I've had 3 BFG GT's now and 2 of mine
would only do the above clocks.
If it will run the above u pretty much have an ultra. :)

Also what r your idle and load temps?

Trunkz
03-12-05, 12:09 AM
well so far i see it at 56c idle and i think 70c when loaded in a game i use the drivers 67.03

Try running your card at 395/1090.

I've had 3 BFG GT's now and 2 of mine
would only do the above clocks.
If it will run the above u pretty much have an ultra. :)

Also what r your idle and load temps?

circuitguy70
03-12-05, 01:14 AM
RMA it, and try again.
My LeadTec's are reported as Ultra's in Everest and clock's rock stable at 437Mhz-1.25Ghz. :angel:

Trunkz
03-12-05, 01:37 AM
thanks anyway guys..i remember this old link http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982&page=1&pp=15 ..and that did the trick :).. i have it right now at 400/1200 :) and there are no artifacts and it's stable.

bkswaney
03-12-05, 02:00 AM
thanks anyway guys..i remember this old link http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982&page=1&pp=15 ..and that did the trick :).. i have it right now at 400/1200 :) and there are no artifacts and it's stable.

I'm lost. How did this help u OC higher?
Well, other than raise your 3D voltage?

Be warned it may kill your GT.
Many have already tried this and killed
there card within 3 months time.
GT's just do not like the higher voltage.

john19055
03-13-05, 06:06 AM
Just remember a lot of people have done this and had success ,just to have there card go out in three or four months after the flash.

NightFire
03-13-05, 07:47 AM
If you hear the sizzle, it's already too late.

TeaEtchSee
03-13-05, 09:08 AM
I oc at 365/1012 :) not much but it does the job

bkswaney
03-13-05, 12:44 PM
I oc at 365/1012 :) not much but it does the job

His BFG is stock set at 370 core.

noko
03-13-05, 05:33 PM
Been frying my GPU for over 6 months now, still smelling good. By the way the sticky thread dealing with bios mods covers pretty much everything you can do to gpu voltage by the bios. If you volt mod then you need to cool it better, that is probably killing some of the GT's prematurely, plus going for the ultimate clock speed and ignoring those little critters crawling over your screen and then pushing it some more probably doesn't help much either.

I was limited to 390/1200, after my volt mod to 1.4v and the Zalman HSF replacement now allows 420/1200, that is my max with zero artifacts, ZERO. I normally don't go above 400/1100 when playing games.

Bottom line is, I just forfeited any warranty so if it breaks it will become a paper weight.

Trunkz
03-14-05, 12:37 AM
thats pretty funny with the warrenty thing..cuz when my ati 9800 pro died from overclocking it..i RMA'ed it and they sent me back a new one lol..my friend even did it as well (mine was from ATi, his was powercolor)..lol either we were lucky or videocard manufac..just dont care anymore really to check to see whats wrong with people's cards nowadays. but yeah i dont want my card to die no time soon cuz i just got in 4 months ago, and i would like to atleast have it for a full year.. currently it is overclocked at 420/1100 with the volt mod (yeah ill admit i see artifacts here and there on 3dmark03 and 05, but not aquamark)..yeah which brings me to another thing, which benchmark program would u guys consider more accurate? the 3dmarks or the aquamark? anyway..do you guys think i shud just go back to my original bios? (which wont allow me to even go near 400/1100) or am i good with current for now?

Trunkz
03-14-05, 12:44 AM
oh i almost forgot to ask, can someone with a BFG Geforce 6800GT OC (man i hate that dual fan crappy headsink) videocard plz send me the default bios becuz i lost my backup disk :(.. plz send to TrunkZGaMeR@gmail.com

Sovereignxp
03-14-05, 12:53 AM
Please don't RMA the card. There is nothing wrong with it. It is rated to run at its factory set speed.

To RMA a perfectly good working card just because it does not over clock well is not a good reason to RMA it back to BFG.

BFG has there lifetime warranty for malfunctions, to abuse there warranty for any other means could one day effect weather BFG will stick with a lifetime warranty policy in the future. I'm sure that there are many people who are already RMA'ing there cards to BFG because they donít over clock well. Please donít contribute to this.

BFG is a kick as company. Letís make sure they stay that way. ;)

Trunkz
03-14-05, 02:17 AM
Please don't RMA the card. There is nothing wrong with it. It is rated to run at its factory set speed.

To RMA a perfectly good working card just because it does not over clock well is not a good reason to RMA it back to BFG.

BFG has there lifetime warranty for malfunctions, to abuse there warranty for any other means could one day effect weather BFG will stick with a lifetime warranty policy in the future. I'm sure that there are many people who are already RMA'ing there cards to BFG because they donít over clock well. Please donít contribute to this.

can you make a backup of your bios and email them to me? i cant switch my bios becuz i dont have my disk anymore :(

bkswaney
03-14-05, 03:08 AM

:rofl: :angel:

pharma
03-14-05, 09:21 AM
You can find original bios for most graphics cards at the link below. They have them for both AGP & SLI versions, so check before you download.

http://www.mvktech.net/

Good Luck,
Pharma

Sovereignxp
03-15-05, 01:37 AM
Here is a direct link to the bios you need per website pharma stated above.

It is the same exact bios I have on my BFG 6800 GT OC and it works great.

http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&parent=folder&filecatid=201