PDA

View Full Version : NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A problems

Serial_Killer
03-13-05, 08:24 AM
Hello!!!
I'm having a bit of trouble with an NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A I just bought. I've hooked it into my gaming machine which is running WinXP/SP2 and it doesn't want to read any dvds I throw into it (dvd + r AND dvd - r), however it does read and write cds and cdrws perfectly fine.
In explorer it shows it as a "CD-rom drive", however the sticker on the drive, cmos and windows device manager all say it is an "NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A".
Does anyone know any way to get the drive to read dvds?

saturnotaku
03-13-05, 08:27 AM
Do you have the latest firmware for the drive?

Serial_Killer
03-13-05, 08:29 AM
I have downloaded the latest firmware for the drive from NEC, but it won't let me flash the drive because it says:
"Target drive could not be found"

Serial_Killer
03-13-05, 09:04 AM
I just found that the dvd-drive is using a standard cdrom drive. This is the reason it is not reading dvds, but windows can't find a suitable driver for it.

john19055
03-13-05, 10:16 AM
I had a Plextor DVD burner that gave me that same problem ,it would'nt read the DVD's but every thing work with a CD.Have you loaded your DVD software that you are going to use to burn DVD yet,Once I loaded all the software that came with it it finnally started working but it took a long time before it would reconize a DVD.

Serial_Killer
03-13-05, 09:24 PM
Have you loaded your DVD software that you are going to use to burn DVD yet,Once I loaded all the software that came with it it finnally started working but it took a long time before it would reconize a DVD.

No, I haven't actually. I'll try installing one now.
Can you recommend any?