PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 Ultra OC and Arctic Cooling rocks

seeker010
03-13-05, 09:01 AM
So my 6800 Ultra OC finally arrived 1 month later... but I think it artifacts at stock in 3dmark05. it only shows up occassionally so it's hard to pinpoint, and it shows up more often after the system boots up and disappears after a while, then comes back...

I could RMA it and wait a billion years for a replacement, or I can live with it for now and wait a few months when the supply is (hopefully) better. :(

On a side note, the performance is nice :D

I also had the rev 1 nv silencer 5, but after emailing Arctic Cooling, they sent me the bracket for free, which is awesome. :eek: Say what you want about their product, that that's some pretty awesome customer service. Now to find time to put the sucker on.

Dr.Nick
03-13-05, 09:11 AM
If its a new card artifacting u should RMA it. I'm sure it won’t be too long before u get a replacement (they keep some in stock for RMA's so do go by what is on store shelves). Also tbh I have found the stock cooling on the ultra to work better than the NV5. I put one on myself but quickly went back ;)

bkswaney
03-13-05, 12:41 PM
If its a new card artifacting u should RMA it. I'm sure it won’t be too long before u get a replacement (they keep some in stock for RMA's so do go by what is on store shelves). Also tbh I have found the stock cooling on the ultra to work better than the NV5. I put one on myself but quickly went back ;)

I would have to agree with u on this one.
I would rma that thing and get a new one.
A new card should not be artifacting at all.