PDA

View Full Version : Linkysys route help

aaahhh52
03-13-05, 09:26 AM
I have a linkysys wireless-B router i have 2 dekstops and 1 laptop hooked up to it. About everymonth or so without fail it decides to not let me on the internet. Sometimes just a quick restart of the modem and router will do the trick. But right now i have to just plug in the modem to get online, wth is the problem, i made no changes or did nothing to it whatsoever last night, but once again this POS router ceases to amaze me.

*and yes i do realize that i butchered the spelling of this topic...but anger is rising..... :mad:

Copper214
03-13-05, 09:57 AM
I am having the same problem with the same linksys router, worked fine for a couple years and then started this crap if I by pass the linksys no problem but I can't get on line with it any more,I am thinking of getting a better one or going wireless. I hate having to plug and unplug all the time!! :mad:

aaahhh52
03-13-05, 10:12 AM
ach i know, if i just plug in my modem, like i have in right now, then plug the cat 5 back into my router and get that all set up again, it works for about 5 minutes then it stops. Almost every month i have this problem, and usually like i said above it can be solved by a restart, but this is not working at all and wont let me login to the 192.168.1.1 adress to configure my router...this is really starting to piss me off

saturnotaku
03-13-05, 10:16 AM
Have you updated the firmware for it?

aaahhh52
03-13-05, 11:06 AM
well the latest firmware is the version i already so i guess that doesnt apply. Ive completely reset my modem, and tried starting from square one with no luck, there used to be a tutorial on dlsreports that told you what dns's and ip's to use when you logged into your router. I always got it to work that way but i cant find the page anymore.

nas82
03-14-05, 08:35 AM
I had the same problem, but i had i with a wired router by linksys. I had the latest firmware, reset et. and nothing would keep it from just stop working once in a while.

I just recently bought myself a d-link router, no problems as of yet, and a much better configuration options.

pooter
03-14-05, 08:57 AM
IMHO, all the older Linskys routers suck. I've had about 2 or 3 of them fail on me within a year of purchasing (4 port wired and 802.11b) as well as a couple of bridges. Also, when I first started working at my job at a tiny ISP, we got more calls from customers whose Linksys failed then any other type of call.

However, I've been testing the WRT54GS for the past 3 months and had no problems so far. Hopefully they got all the bugs worked out.

Daneel Olivaw
03-14-05, 09:22 AM
I had the same problem, but i had i with a wired router by linksys. I had the latest firmware, reset et. and nothing would keep it from just stop working once in a while.

I just recently bought myself a d-link router, no problems as of yet, and a much better configuration options.
Exact opposite here, D-Link, send 3 to the garbage, Linksys, one firmware update and I got perfection.

Copper214
03-14-05, 03:54 PM
Exact opposite here, D-Link, send 3 to the garbage, Linksys, one firmware update and I got perfection.
How do you go about updating the firmware for your router? :eek:

aaahhh52
03-14-05, 05:50 PM
Well i seem to have found a quick setup prog on the linksys website, its pretty similar to the quick setup disk they give you except this actually worked unlike the disk that fails to make a connection half way.