PDA

View Full Version : Butter On Modem

Seamore Butts
03-13-05, 07:53 PM
Hi people.

My name is Seamore.

Several weeks ago i left a tub of butter and gravy on my modem and found it several days later. Somehow and i have no idea how the butter leaked throught the plastic tub and into the modem. I managed to clean the oily residue off the outside of the modem however it no longer works properly. I posted on another forum but none of the help posted actually worked. I was wondering if there is any way to clean/fix my modem.

The modem is a web excel that i bought at chrismas and i was really hoping to fix it as i am poor as buggery.

:D :D :D Thanks guys and girls. :D :D :D

superklye
03-13-05, 07:57 PM
Is "butter and gravy" some kind of code for "semen"?

Seamore Butts
03-13-05, 08:05 PM
Is "butter and gravy" some kind of code for "semen"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nah. I read that post. Tis quite funny. But no i did actually leave a butter and gravy on my modem. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Rakeesh
03-13-05, 08:25 PM
It's more likely than not that the butter caused a short which fried one or more of the components on the modem. It would take you countless hours to identify which parts are bad, and then even more time to do the surface mount rework to replace those parts (assuming you can even find them.)

superklye
03-13-05, 08:29 PM
Okay, I'm assuming this is a cable modem or something and not a v92 modem. Is this assumption correct?

Rakeesh
03-13-05, 08:53 PM
It sounds like one of those modems that support compression of pictures and audio into lossy formats and then back again as a means of "accelerating" websites. Not a good solution IMO but I guess theres a market for em.

SH64
03-13-05, 08:54 PM
For a second i thought this is another semen thread ... oh well

superklye
03-13-05, 09:41 PM
For a second i thought this is another semen thread ... oh well
we could always turn it into one...

Marcos
03-14-05, 07:50 AM
you guys seem to like dick talk

john19055
03-16-05, 10:00 PM
I would have got some alcohol and cleaned it before putting it back in or turning it on.

superklye
03-16-05, 10:03 PM
you guys seem to like dick talk
you seem to like thread crapping

JoKeRr
03-16-05, 11:57 PM
i'm sure add some semen to the mix will solve the problem. actually clean it up and time for an RMA

Marcos
03-17-05, 07:44 AM
you seem to like thread crapping

yeah stfu about thread crapping mr "754 SUCKS"

Lumbrjack
03-17-05, 12:56 PM
:lame: I saw this same thread on another site. Pretty weak! :thumbdwn:

superklye
03-17-05, 01:20 PM
yeah stfu about thread crapping mr "754 SUCKS"
What the hell are you talking about? In both threads you made assinine comments doing nothing to further the discussion. In the 754 thread I was the only person having a damned conversation.

It's one thing to have an opinion and completely another to be an asshole. Take some notes.

zoomy942
03-17-05, 03:18 PM
there is no need for anyone to attack anyone else here. no matter the content of the thread, name calling will not be allowed.

the beauty of a forum is for everyone to learn something from everyone else's trail-and-errors.

since this thread has become a flame war very very quickly.. it is now CLOSED.