PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to reduce ghosting when using stereo3d?

Killall
03-14-05, 08:31 AM
If anything is giving me an headacke its that horrible ghosting u see... Its so bad it's hard to see stuff cause everything looks like its rendered 3 times. Plz tell me theres a magic fix to help reduce this ?

Using e3d shutter glasses with 71.84 combo..

saturnotaku
03-14-05, 08:40 AM
Those things are only effective if your monitor is running at a refresh rate of 100 Hz or greater. I'm not sure what resolution you're trying to run at, but according to the specifications of your monitor, it supports 103 Hz at 1280x1024. If that still gives you headaches, you'll have to drop down to 1024x768. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the stereo glasses.

Killall
03-14-05, 12:13 PM
Im playing stereo3d at 1024x768 @ 120hrtz so 60hrtz per shutter. This isnt the problem, its the ghosting of objects. U look at a dead body near u for instance and ull see 1 body pritty clear with 2 outlines of the same body blurring through it, only it isnt just the body, is the whole screen that does that.

I know this really cant be solved cause this is the way how these shutters work.. but was hoping u could do some trick to reduce it.

mustrum
03-15-05, 07:28 AM
You're simply running the game with to much spereation. Turn seperation down a bit.

Gurra101
03-15-05, 02:51 PM
You're simply running the game with to much spereation. Turn seperation down a bit.

If i do that itīs like running the game whitout 3d glasses!

mustrum
03-16-05, 05:40 AM
If i do that itīs like running the game whitout 3d glasses!
Depends on the game i guess. In WOW i get nearly now ghosting with the settings i use. Sure i get ghosting with higher seperation but i can't play at that settings anyways since i'd gotta puke after 10 minutes on that seperation. :D

Falkentyne
03-18-05, 01:33 AM
Higher quality 3D glasses (like those $900+ models) give you the separation WITHOUT ghosting. Once your eyes adjust it's spot on. And the truly expensive models don't even require your eyes to adjust; they are so focused and fine-tuned that they work PERFECTLY, instantly, without you needing to get used to them. (if you can get used to a new pair of eyeglasses, you can use these).

The ghosting you are getting is from the quality of the actual shutter lenses. People have said in the past, that certain distance, brightness from monitor, flourescent, dim colored lighting, etc, combinations can make ghosting go away, as well as tinkering with contrast refresh rates, etc. I stopped using 3D a few years ago, because although it looked great, the ghosting was freaking annoying on my i3d's. But high quality shutter glasses or head mounted devices have none of these issues--which is one reason why they cost so damn much. if you've ever been in a 3D military simulator you will know what I'm talking about; they slap the 3d device on you, and as soon as the monitor comes on ,the images are, distortion-wise, in distinguishable from real life, and your eyes are comfortable as hell.

With the cheap $50-$100 stuff, it's vertigo city.

Killall
03-18-05, 04:25 AM
I alrdy read about glasses that use 2 seperate lcd mini displays, that should work flawless me thinks.