PDA

View Full Version : Sceptre 19" LCD, X9G-NAGA II

|MaguS|
03-14-05, 08:11 AM
Anyone heard of this LCD Before? The Wal-Mart near me has this thing for $350 and I can't find much info on it. It looks decent and the specs seem great for the price but would really want to know how it performs before tossing the cash to get it...

* 19-inch SXGA TFT LCD monitor
* Display 16.7 million colors
* Resolutions 1; 280 x 1; 024 / 75Hz
* Brightness: 400 nit (cd/m)
* Contrast Ratio: 500:1
* Response Time: 12 ms
* Viewing Angle: 140-degrees (horizontal & vertical)
* Analog RGB
* 4-foot cable with 15-pin mini D-Sub VGA Connector
* Link TMDS DVI (Digital Visual Interface)
* 24-pin DVI Connector (DVI Cable optional)
* 1 Up 2 Down USB Ports
* Multiple on-screen display (OSD) controls
* Flicker and static-free design
* Ergotron Arm compatible (VESA 100mm)
* Includes stereo speakers with amplifier (2 Watt /channel), plus earphone jack
* Desktop & wall-mount useable
* 1-year limited warranty; extended warranty available

Link to Wal-Mart Page (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3308020&cat=110883&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A175296%3A110883)

saturnotaku
03-14-05, 08:17 AM
12 ms with DVI for that price is pretty good. But Newegg has a Hyundai/ImageQuest monitor with the same features and an 8 ms response time for $359 and free shipping. By the time you get done with sales tax, the Hyundai would be a better deal.

Riptide
03-14-05, 08:18 AM
Newegg has a sucky dead pixel policy though. What is Wal-Mart's return policy like on this sort of thing?

|MaguS|
03-14-05, 08:28 AM
Wal-Mart will return ANYTHING! My friend bought Fifa Street (Totaly Sucks BTW) and returned it with this excuse "This game sucks...", reply "Ok, Go pick another".

I dout they know anything about LCDs, I could probably just say its defective...

I looked a newegg, but really am worried about buying an LCD online. Im stuck with it unless it has 8+ dead pixels. In a store I atleast can make a scene. ;)

saturnotaku
03-14-05, 10:27 AM
Newegg has a sucky dead pixel policy though. What is Wal-Mart's return policy like on this sort of thing?

If I had a problem, I wouldn't return it through Newegg, I'd try the manufacturer. I'd hold Samsung's new 0 dead pixel policy over their head (read about this in a back issue of Max PC) saying that I bought an <insert monitor brand name here> because I thought I'd be getting a quality product for a reasonable price. The fact that this display has <x number of dead pixels> is proving otherwise. I demand satisfaction, etc, etc...

But yeah, there definitely is the 'Wal-Mart factor' of them returning anything within 90 days as long as you have the receipt. I hadn't thought about that, but then again I only shop at Wal-Mart only when absolutely necessary. :)

Absolution
03-14-05, 08:26 PM
i bought an lcd from newegg and i have no dead pixels

saturnotaku
03-14-05, 10:39 PM
Just like anything else, there are no guarantees. This is where the brick-and-mortar stores come in handy. My real beef is having to pay in upwards of 8.25% sales tax, when on a $350 LCD is almost $30 right there. I'll take a chance and order it online, especially since I got mine with free shipping.