PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate Lexmark

superklye
03-14-05, 11:43 AM
They have that God-awful, stupid, useless, pointless, obnoxious voice for when you print and scan and stuff.

"Printing started"
"Printing complete"
"Please load paper into the auto-feeder"

You don't have to have that stupid voice tell me! A simple textbox would suffice, damn it!

shaker718
03-14-05, 12:11 PM
just buy an epson and no more worries.

Daneel Olivaw
03-14-05, 12:15 PM
if you're talking inkjet... then the ink price is the biggest reason to hate lexmark.

saturnotaku
03-14-05, 12:22 PM
if you're talking inkjet... then the ink price is the biggest reason to hate lexmark.

Ink price and cartridge size. At least with my old Canon multi-function printer, the cartridges were small but very affordable (only ~$7 a piece back in 1999). I personally will never buy another printer that's not an HP. My parents had a Deskjet 550C that lasted more than 10 years while only needing one minor repair that HP handled at no charge even though it was out of warranty. Their current 612C and my current 940C have been outstanding in terms of quality and performance. Plus, while the ink cartridges are expensive (~$30 each), they last for-freaking-ever. I've had my 940C for darn near 5 years and have only needed to replace the cartidges once. Granted, I don't print very often, but it sure is nice to have that kind of longevity.

So in essence, Lexmark is teh suckXoRZ. :p

superklye
03-14-05, 12:29 PM
The only thing I like about it is that it was cheap ($55 becuase it was being discontinued) and is a Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax.

The ink is hella expensive though.

netviper13
03-14-05, 12:34 PM
You should be able to turn the voice off, or at least you can on my Z65. You go into the Lexmark Solution Center, click the Advanced tab, and there is a button called Printing Status that allows you to change voice and notification settings.

But I agree that Lexmark printers generally suck.

superklye
03-14-05, 12:36 PM
You should be able to turn the voice off, or at least you can on my Z65. You go into the Lexmark Solution Center, click the Advanced tab, and there is a button called Printing Status that allows you to change voice and notification settings.

But I agree that Lexmark printers generally suck.
Oh thank you! I just found the option and disabled the stupid voice. Sweet! :)

netviper13
03-14-05, 12:41 PM
No problem man. That voice about drove me nuts until I figured out how to kill it.

Daneel Olivaw
03-14-05, 12:52 PM
Oh thank you! I just found the option and disabled the stupid voice. Sweet! :)
Damn, I wanted to suggest a hammer might silence it...