PDA

View Full Version : Detonater Destroyer XP

fasedww
12-04-02, 07:05 PM
When are they coming out with Detonater Destroyer for Win XP:mad:

The Baron
12-04-02, 07:33 PM
Probably never, because you don't really need it--just do uninstall from safe mode.

fasedww
12-04-02, 08:14 PM
and then when reboot go back in safe mood and install driver?:confused:

The Baron
12-04-02, 08:34 PM
Don't even have to go back into Safe Mode--just install the new one from regular mode.

fasedww
12-04-02, 09:05 PM
What is the reason again for uninstall in safe mode? When you unistall and reboot it ask for a vga driver, if you say yes it will install the winXP nvidia drivers eventually right? like 3082:confused:

saturnotaku
12-04-02, 09:30 PM
The reason to perform the uninstall in safe mode is because when you go into safe mode, Windows doesn't load any drivers except the most basic ones needed for minimal operating system functionality (USB, generic motherboard, etc). Full video card support is unnecessary in safe mode so Windows only loads a generic VGA driver.

This means you can uninstall NVIDIA drivers via the control panel add/remove programs and the uninstall will safely remove all files used by the video card.

When you reboot into regular mode, Windows will try to load a driver. Just ignore whatever it does, wait for the icon to disappear from the system tray then install your downloaded driver. You shouldn't need to reboot, just run Refresh Force, change your display to 32-bit color and your desired resolution and you should be good to go.

The Baron
12-04-02, 09:42 PM
Sat, you DO need to reboot after you install the video driver. At least as far as I can tell...

fasedww
12-05-02, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
The reason to perform the uninstall in safe mode is because when you go into safe mode, Windows doesn't load any drivers except the most basic ones needed for minimal operating system functionality (USB, generic motherboard, etc). Full video card support is unnecessary in safe mode so Windows only loads a generic VGA driver.

This means you can uninstall NVIDIA drivers via the control panel add/remove programs and the uninstall will safely remove all files used by the video card.

When you reboot into regular mode, Windows will try to load a driver. Just ignore whatever it does, wait for the icon to disappear from the system tray then install your downloaded driver. You shouldn't need to reboot, just run Refresh Force, change your display to 32-bit color and your desired resolution and you should be good to go. Sp1 takes care of refresh rate also the 41.09 driver's can. Your wrong cause it still asks you to reboot my friend.;)

saturnotaku
12-06-02, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fasedww
Sp1 takes care of refresh rate also the 41.09 driver's can. Your wrong cause it still asks you to reboot my friend.;)

It may ask you to reboot, but you don't have to do it. Seriously, I've done it this way and it's been fine. Also, SP1 doesn't fix the refresh rate problem, and the newer drivers only allow you to override refresh rates for Direct3D. You still need a fix for OpenGL. :)

Kruno
12-10-02, 08:34 AM
No, you don't need to reboot even though you get asked after seting a refresh rate.
This isn't Windows 9x :)

fasedww
12-10-02, 06:53 PM
I never get asked to reboot when I set refresh rate'. Just when I install viedo card drivers. I downloaded NV Refreshtool works great':D