PDA

View Full Version : Dual View Desktop Extension no longer an option?

jeffois77
03-15-05, 08:29 AM
So I installed the new drivers, noticed the temp. increase, whatever...my main gripe is that I went in to setup my dual monitors again. The only options now are Single, Clone, Vert and Horz Span now? What happened to Dual View where 2nd monitor was just an extension of the desktop??? That's the most useful setting for me and now it's no longer an option. I've seen ZERO threads about this on multiple Nvidia sites, so what's the deal?

Any replies are much appreciated.

saturnotaku
03-15-05, 08:33 AM
Isn't that what horizontal span does?

If not, try installing NvTweak - there's a link in the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

jeffois77
03-15-05, 08:54 AM
I tried horizontal span. It stretches the desktop over, so when I start a game, even the game starts across both monitors. Not good. With the last drivers, I had Dual View with 2nd monitor as a desktop extension, where I could drag, say, my temp monitor to 2nd monitor and play the game on primary monitor - separated. It was great.

Horz/Vert span is not what I am looking for.

jeffois77
03-15-05, 04:47 PM
I've gone through every setup imaginable, I still can't start a game in dualview mode without having the game itself span 2 screens.

Do I have to switch back to 66.93 just to have 2 screens up but have the game only play on primary screen?

Dualview with desktop extension is apparently gone, now everything spans, even games....yeah right, who's gonna play an FPS spanned so that the cursor (aim) is dead center in the middle of 2 monitors? C'mon Nvidia, wtf?

TierMann
03-15-05, 05:13 PM
What happens when you set nvidia panel to single display (apply and close) and then set windows display settings to expand to both monitors? Sounds like a software problem somewhere. 71.84 official is working fine with dual view here.

I recommend uninstalling, using Driver Cleaner in safe mode,(latest version) and reinstalling. Other option is to go back to 66.93 or 67.66 and see if that makes a difference. The only time this happend to me was when the 2nd monitor was disconnected while I powered up. It was only fixed by connecting the monitor and rebooting, but for you it sounds like you had it connected the whole time.

superklye
03-15-05, 05:27 PM
What happens when you set nvidia panel to single display (apply and close) and then set windows display settings to expand to both monitors? Sounds like a software problem somewhere. 71.84 official is working fine with dual view here.
Yeah, I'm using the Xtreme G 71.84s and have no problems.

I also tried the 75.90 drivers and was able to select and use dualview.

jeffois77
03-16-05, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I'm an idiot. I figured it out. It's not nvidia drivers that do this, it's a windows display function...I completely forgot and was looking all over the new drivers.....

Time to stop drinkin' so much!