PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

Pages : [1] 2

UDawg
03-15-05, 02:45 PM
There is another BETA this weekend and I will be there. I also have one guest pass to the person who can give me the best reason as to why I should give it to them when they can to out and buy the dman game for them selves. :D
http://www.guildwars.com/

Maybe I'll see you there. I have the same name as I do here.

nrdstrm
03-15-05, 04:58 PM
Tried it before EQ2 came out. Seemed like kind of a fun game, but didn't get too much done in the weekend I had. Now I am subject to the Evercrack additction, so I probably won't be trying GW for a few more months at least...Give an update though please, I'd like to see how the game is progressing :)
Nrdstrm

|MaguS|
03-15-05, 05:01 PM
I will probably get the game at release just becasue I loved D2 and need some mindless fun when I take my long breaks from EQ2.

superklye
03-15-05, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I'm really considering getting it too, but only if a bunch of you guys get it and want to party up or one of my roommates gets it with me.

nutcrackr
03-15-05, 11:57 PM
I got a weekend beta key too, I'll be checking it out as much as I can, it's on my upcoming games list to watch out for. Might be moved off it or transferred to my must buy list :)

Athena
03-16-05, 12:53 PM
I have played for 3 of the beta events thus far and I will be online for this one. I pre-ordered a couple months ago so my account is all set. :D

Mikeluv
03-16-05, 01:59 PM
This game is off the hook and i will be playin from fri-sun non stop. :D

Ninjaman09
03-16-05, 02:04 PM
/ME wants a KEY!!

superklye
03-16-05, 02:51 PM
How do you get a key? I'm a FilePlanet subscriber, so if it's through FP, I should be able to get one, right?

EDIT: Nevermind. You have to pre-order...which I have considered, on many occasions, to do.

UDawg
03-16-05, 03:11 PM
/ME wants a KEY!!
Follow instructions and we will see about this key you desire. :D

Megasaxon
03-16-05, 09:14 PM
I'd love a key..

Only reason i havent gone out and bought the pre-order, is it's rather difficult to find someone who has it in australia, and isn't charging a stupid price for it :/

DaveChambers
03-16-05, 11:21 PM
It would have to be something spectacular to take me away from WoW :)

UDawg
03-17-05, 10:23 AM
I hear ya there Dave. Not even Brothers in Arms can pull me from WOW.

Ninjaman09
03-17-05, 10:34 AM
Yes I'm afraid that my WoW addiction would prevent me from ever truly immersing myself in GW...but then again, for no monthly fee, I'll hold my breath until it's released. :D

UDawg
03-18-05, 10:12 AM
I'll PM you with the key when I get home from work this evening. Go and down load the client.

Ninjaman09
03-18-05, 11:05 AM
I'll PM you with the key when I get home from work this evening. Go and down load the client.
Are you talking to me? If so, hey, thanks a lot! I'll download the client once I get home from work. :D

UDawg
03-18-05, 12:11 PM
I sure am fancy pants. ;)

BTW I am on the west coast, so I won't get home until 7pm PST

nutcrackr
03-18-05, 10:09 PM
Well I've played about 7 hours of it now and I don't think I'll bother with it much more. I expect that it would be more noob friendly when you have a manual to go with it but it really was frustrating to get into. Some of the objects you collect I had no clue what to do with, some quests were just too ambiguous and the locator for where to go to complete quest was annoying. Is there anyway to get this to show in the full map? Although I do admit I am hardly an RPG junky.

Why does everything cost so much? And yet sell for so cheap, why do I want a crappy weapon that will cost 100gold and a few of my items? I only got up to level 7 and I got to the stage where I wasn't gaining any xp from low level enemies, so it forced me to go further outward to get xp :/

Graphics however were very nice in almost every regard while it ran brilliantly with virtually no load times between zones. Monsters look nice and seem varied.

Not sure what is up with the skills trainers, you go to trainer A whom you have gotten skills off who sends you to trainer B to get more skills, but you have skills from trainer B, and ironincally he sends you back to trainer A.

I didn't even join a guild and only half the time did I actually team up with anyone but it was fun at times nonetheless. Even though I had heard this game wasn't rewarding you on time spent I see exactly that, it takes a long time to go anywhere unless there is a city nearby. 7 hours for level 7 is really slow but I think the max is level 20 so it's not too bad. Perhaps I need to join a guild and just fight other guilds or something?

UDawg
03-19-05, 12:38 PM
I went down to the river and kill a couple of things. Then went and played WOW till 2am. :D Maybe I will lose intrest in WOW by the time this game is released. I am just to distraced to care.

I will say the graphics are damn nice. Better than WOW.

nutcrackr
03-21-05, 03:53 AM
Haha, they ended the beta by killing everybody in the towns by the evil Gwen :D

I enjoyed it enough, got to level 12, spent twice that many hours doing it. Died too many times lol. I didn't do much PvP (academy and some in the gladiators arena) mostly did just lots of coop missions which I thought were great when you get a good team together and start owning.

vampireuk
03-21-05, 04:06 AM
I have said it about 4 times now and I'll say it again, guildwars sucks. It is honestly so boring it is mind numbing, the only reason there is so much interest is because there is no monthly fee. Trust me this game does not come close to WOW in anyway. :D

saturnotaku
03-21-05, 05:15 AM
They did improve upon a lot of things that really annoyed me in the initial beta. I'm still probably not going to buy it, though. It was still kinda boring.

Ninjaman09
03-21-05, 08:25 AM
I went down to the river and kill a couple of things. Then went and played WOW till 2am. :D Maybe I will lose intrest in WOW by the time this game is released. I am just to distraced to care.

I will say the graphics are damn nice. Better than WOW.
LOL, I did the same thing! I actually only played GW for like 3 hours before quitting and getting back to WoW. It's neat and pretty, but it's not nearly as good and I'm afraid nothing is going to break the stranglehold WoW has on me. :)

Also it was kinda boring, like sat and vamp said.

UDawg
03-21-05, 10:42 AM
Ya WOW is where it's at. Oh well. No on can say I didn't give it a shot. :D

nutcrackr
03-21-05, 10:04 PM
Well as long as you enjoy to pay for an extra game every 4 months :D