PDA

View Full Version : 71.84 - 76.10 not working on tnt2

tormento
03-18-05, 02:44 AM
I just finished to build a small server pc for my new house and put a tnt2 on it.

Knowing the plain vanilla version could not work on the old card, I downloaded the laptopvideo2go version, put the 30.66 inf file on it and tried to install.

Windows XP simply refuses to use them. When I try to launch the setup, nothing is copied even if I get no errors. When I try to use the inf from control panel, XP tells me that it is not compatible with Windows XP.

I have tried to use Xtreme G versions too. They install but the video support is broken and when I try to launch a divx, the screen goes black and everything freeze.

This morning I have tried to download the 71.20 version from laptopvideo2go. I applied the 30.53 inf and it works!

So, there must be something in the inf wrong.

I got a look at the inf but I'm not so expert in driver modding.

Could please somebody give me a hand and get a 71.84 or 71.60 version working on my tnt2?

Thanks!

Waffles
03-18-05, 02:45 AM
hahaha thats so funny...Just today my 6800U went Kaput and I had to put my TNT2. No go with the 7*.* drivers either. I figured the tnt2 just needed to be added to the .inf but it doesn't really matter ...just stick with the 60 series drivers there really haven't been any improvements for the tnt2 cards for a long time.

tormento
03-18-05, 05:58 AM
hahaha thats so funny...Just today my 6800U went Kaput and I had to put my TNT2. No go with the 7*.* drivers either. I figured the tnt2 just needed to be added to the .inf but it doesn't really matter ...just stick with the 60 series drivers there really haven't been any improvements for the tnt2 cards for a long time.

71.20 works ;)

Peoples-Agent
03-18-05, 06:21 AM
Has to be said, what difference would it really make what drivers you use for a TNT2?
Just curious.... hmmm

EDIT: That was said wrong, what I were implying, wouldn't you be better off using 66.93 WHQL, as you'd not get much gain from using most tweaked / recent driver sets anyhow.

mike2h
03-18-05, 12:11 PM
you could even go back to 50 series with that card. my wifes comp had a gf3 in it 'till a few months ago. i used omegas last 50 series release with it. gave her best stability/compatability/perf imo.

emailthatguy
03-18-05, 07:27 PM
i believe they pulled tnt2 series support in 75.X and later released drivers didnt they? I could have sworn I read that somewhere

tormento
03-20-05, 10:02 AM
Has to be said, what difference would it really make what drivers you use for a TNT2?

Better video/overlay/gamma support in 7x series.