bkswaney
03-18-05, 05:03 AM
What is the best overclocking 64 board out
right now with AGP? "939"
I'm not ready to go PCI-E yet.
My 6800GT is still new and I'm not
ready to trade it in just yet.

I just need more CPU power. ;)
Also what is the best overclocking 64 chip out now?
I've been out of the loop on the AMD side
for a while. Fill me in please. :)

I want and chip and board that will do
4000+ speeds with the least amount of $.
I'm using water cooling so heat if not an issue.

bkswaney
03-18-05, 05:18 AM
How would this combo be?

Epox EP-9NDA3J
AMD64 3000+ "Winchester"
1 gig of Geil Ultra Plat "500Mhz"

I was reading where most r getting 2.6Ghz+
of the 3000+.

Anyone here running this combo?

I can get the board and chip of 200 bucks.
I already have the ram. :)

MUYA
03-18-05, 06:37 AM
Sounds good but, 2.6ghz maybe optimistic :) But hey at that price..it's a good bargain! :D

superklye
03-18-05, 07:36 AM
Yup, that's the board I'm gonna get and the board that zoomy and a few others here have...I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Mr_LoL
03-18-05, 09:13 AM
Muya whats the a8v like as i have had bead experiences overclocking with my asus k8v se?

MUYA
03-18-05, 09:21 AM
I don't overclock mate as I have a FX53...well that and on air cooling this FX53 just won't do it. Stabilty wise on normal running...it's fantastic! :D

keith33
03-18-05, 09:50 AM
The supposed real overclocking board for 939s is the K8N Neo2 Platinum, but it's really a hit-or-miss thing. People that get their Neo2 running love it, those that never find out the little stupid bugs that prevent it from being stable hate it. I would personally never buy an MSI board again after the $h!t I've put up with on this board. Have you thought about the Gigabyte nForce3 Ultra board as well?

Gator
03-18-05, 09:58 AM
I built 2 systems for my friend using the Gigabyte K8NS Pro S939 Ultra, and overall I am not impressed with it. It has a CPU fan halt issue, one of the boards died unexpectedly, their warranty and support absolutely suck, and in light of this experience I can no longer safely recommend Gigabyte porducts. Sure my motherboard and video card are both Gigabyte, but I consider myself lucky I haven't had any problems.

I keep hearing good things about the EPOX Nforce3 Ultra board. My only complaint is the PSU connector placement, but otherwise it looks decent. I'll know first hand next week when I install on for my friend.

The MSI board appears to be hit or miss as someone mentioned, apparently some stability and voltage issues.

jAkUp
03-18-05, 10:23 AM
Go with the Epox, but just make sure you flash the latest BIOS for it.

Riptide
03-18-05, 10:48 AM
Neo2 for the overclocker. A8V for the stock system.

bkswaney
03-18-05, 03:30 PM
Sounds good but, 2.6ghz maybe optimistic :) But hey at that price..it's a good bargain! :D

That's what I was thinking. It's a bargain for sure.

120 for the chip and 80 for the board. It's
hard to go wrong with a 200 upgrade like this. ;)

Thanks for all the input guys.
I have been looking at the NEO2 also.

zoomy942
03-18-05, 04:22 PM
i had a Gigabyte K8NS for about a week, and i traded it out for an Epox. the gigabytes are not bad motherboards, but Epox has always been like a Honda Civic to me.. no matter what happens, she ALWAYS works perfect.