PDA

View Full Version : dual lan

fasedww
03-18-05, 06:48 PM
Ok whats the purpose on my motherboard of having a dual lan one is realtek and the other is the nvidia.I would like to know please', :confused:

retsam
03-18-05, 07:11 PM
the reason is to setup your machine as a router ....so other computers can connect to the internet through that machine. the other reason for two nics is in windows 200x (and linux) server you can load ballance between the two nics. so you can double your bandwidth to either your switch or another machine

fasedww
03-18-05, 07:13 PM
the reason is to setup your machine as a router ....so other computers can connect to the internet through that machine. the other reason for two nics is in windows 200x (and linux) server you can load ballance between the two nics. so you can double your bandwidth to either your switch or another machinethanks so I need win 2000 two double my bandwidth?

retsam
03-19-05, 12:02 AM
thanks so I need win 2000 two double my bandwidth? ithink you would need a switch that does trunking (unless you connect directly to another pc that can do load balancing) and win 200x advanced server if im not mistaken ..