PDA

View Full Version : HELP! XP will not Boot

mylok
03-18-05, 07:31 PM
please help, i installed the new nforce 4 chipset drivers and my pc started re-booting at random times. so i uninstalled the drivers and went into safe mode and ran driver cleaner (so i could revert to chipset drivers v6.39).

my windows install is on a raid array running off the SATA connections supplied by the nforce 4 chipset. I am stupid i know but is there anyway to get my pc running again. i assume that by running driver cleaner it deleted my drivers to access the raid drive.

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

my motherboard is the MSI K8N NEO4 SLI

einstein_314
03-18-05, 07:48 PM
Umm, what? So you booted into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers. Then you rebooted and nothing happens? Does it POST? Does it give you an error message?

mylok
03-18-05, 08:10 PM
oops sorry. yes it does post but i receive a windows stop error (blue screen). right after i select xp pro from the boot menu. i get this in normal and safe mode. i also tried the last known good config option from the boot menu and i get the same thing.

i can still boot into my xp64 partition but my xp pro is the os i have all my apps installed to.

just wanted to add the sequence

1. i uninstalled the drivers from add remove programs in control panel
2. i booted into safe mode and ran driver cleaner.
3. tried to boot back into windows and i receive a windows stop error (blue screen)

$n][pErMan
03-19-05, 02:46 AM
You probably deleted the drivers that control your raid. If you know wheere they are supposed to go and whatnot .. you can probably get functionality back again by using your x64 partition and dragging the files manually to where they go on your XP partition.

mylok
03-19-05, 01:21 PM
i booted off the winxp cd and did the repair option, that fixed it.