PDA

View Full Version : Zalman 7700-alcu!!

Pages : [1] 2

Superfly
03-19-05, 04:16 AM
Just got this to sort out my prescott temps and WOW!!

its HUGE! - 120mm fan + the fins gives it a massive radius, I've only got 2mm clearance from the outside of the fins to the side of my PSU!!

Good news is it fits (just) and has reduced my idle temp by 30 degrees and my load temp by about 20 degrees.

I would recommend one to all those with a prescott chip.

piccy's: http://www.zalman.co.kr/

MUYA
03-19-05, 04:25 AM
Well I have the all all copper, CNPS-7700Cu! :D for my FX53 and it does a decent job. 41-44 when idle and 50-55 when under load.

Thats with 24 hr cure with AS5

Superfly
03-19-05, 05:13 AM
900grms!!! - u madman :-)

MUYA
03-19-05, 05:33 AM
lol I like the gleam of copper..sumat :)

It's not as good as my wonky Coolermster Aquagate water cooling kit I had but..for air ...it's ok. :)

Superfly
03-19-05, 08:41 AM
is'nt AS5 supposed to take several weeks to cure?? Im sure thats what it says on their website and on the instructions.

they reckon the temp can drop another 10 degrees during this period also suggest that the PC is powered on/off regularly to allow the AS5 to cool once in a while.

MUYA
03-19-05, 08:45 AM
Thats a load of BS. :p

Well my comp is like on 24/7 folding@home :)

Superfly
03-19-05, 09:17 AM
maybe so but thats what the manufacturer says and im much more comfortable with their proffessional advice ;) .

Here it is:

Important Reminder:
Due to the unique shape and sizes of the particles in Arctic Silver's conductive matrix, it will take upto 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired.

Linkage: http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions_big2.htm

MUYA
03-19-05, 09:21 AM
hmm well k thanks :) I bow down to your AS5 knowledge ;)

That means I have to turn my computer off every now and then...hmmm

Superfly
03-19-05, 09:25 AM
np - im sure they know what there talking about - its there product.

Ill let you know if my temps drop again during this "break-in" period.

MUYA
03-19-05, 10:15 AM
:) I will try erm turning my puter off and back too just to see. ;)

SH64
03-19-05, 10:46 AM
I just bought one last week , but i'm not going to install it yet because i'm too lazy to disassmble my new PC just to attach it .
maybe i'll do it in the summer :D

MUYA
03-19-05, 10:48 AM
Heh, I know what you mean. But I think the benefits of having a quiet HSF on yer CPU should motivate u :)

SH64
03-19-05, 10:54 AM
Heh, I know what you mean. But I think the benefits of having a quiet HSF on yer CPU should motivate u :)

The stock fan is quiet as far as i'm concerned . i just want to get rid of the 6800GTs noise when they run on 2D :mad:

MUYA
03-19-05, 11:00 AM
Hmm interetsing, I haven't read many ppl say the stock HSF is not noisy. Guess for your case it was the cooling efficiency then?

SH64
03-19-05, 11:22 AM
Hmm interetsing, I haven't read many ppl say the stock HSF is not noisy. Guess for your case it was the cooling efficiency then?

hmm dunno i'm using a Tt Shark case .
when the GTs fans slows down , the noise is quite low for me .

MUYA
03-19-05, 11:53 AM
i didn;t actually mean your case :)

SH64
03-19-05, 11:57 AM
Well anyway for the time being i can live with the noise as long i'm playing games - which is what i'm doing already .
i'm not even sure if the 7700 alcu is going to fit in my DFI mobo .
if i couldent wait any longer i'll just get me a 90mm HS & attach a decent fan to it until the time comes ! ;)

rohit
03-19-05, 01:01 PM
Prescott was a HOTTTT PIECE OF CRAP, i owned for over 8 months till just 1 week back. It produced so much heat, that the stock HSF's never went below 5000+ rpm (on load) with ASUS Q-FAN on, even on applying arctic cremique. i even rma'd the chip once, and the cooler 3 times. got really tired... and almost deaf. My parents felt like throwing off the computer coz of the noise ..
beleve me, i was a total INTEL guy. wont say anything bad from PERFORMANCE point of view.
that made me switch to AMD, pretty satisfied now..

"U R THE FIRST & ONLY ONE TO SAY INTEL's STOCK HSF IS QUITE"
No third party coolers like ZALMAN's etc are available here, i searched a lot.

Superfly
03-19-05, 02:08 PM
Im VERY happy with my prescott.

you have no idea how much faster it is compaired to my old 2.8b and I could'nt afford a new mobo for an AMD system @ the time of my last upgrade.

Personnally I think there just fine - cant speak for the stock cooler as I bought OEM to save me the trouble of throwing the cooler straight in the bin anyways.

SH64
03-22-05, 11:03 PM
Hmm interetsing, I haven't read many ppl say the stock HSF is not noisy.

You know what ? you are correct .. i checked the noise coming form the case when under load & it was the CPU fan not the video cards .
dang sometimes its so noisey that it even bothers when playing games . i'm going to replace it with some better heatsink/fan until i install my Zalman .

JoKeRr
03-22-05, 11:47 PM
in my case (a shiity case), the noisiest thing is Vantec STEALTH 80mm, when I unplugg those fans, it quiets down A LOT.

btw, other than the 2 vantec stealth, I have a 92mm panaflo running at 2k rpm over the swifty heatsink, graphic card is a Tt crystal orb with a replaced 40mm (cause the original fan was dead), and there's also 1 bracket zalman 92mm running at 1400 rpm. THe noisetaker is really quiet as well.

zoomy942
03-23-05, 12:03 AM
i am about to get the zalman 7000 alcu. i was gonna get the xp-90 cause it was lighter, but the alcu weighs the same (within 8 grams).

Riptide
03-23-05, 12:08 AM
The Zalman is good. I have the Cu version and it's been VERY reliable and cools well. Lots of copper. :)

Rakeesh
03-23-05, 12:13 AM
Prescott was a HOTTTT PIECE OF CRAP, i owned for over 8 months till just 1 week back. It produced so much heat, that the stock HSF's never went below 5000+ rpm (on load) with ASUS Q-FAN on, even on applying arctic cremique. i even rma'd the chip once, and the cooler 3 times. got really tired... and almost deaf. My parents felt like throwing off the computer coz of the noise ..
beleve me, i was a total INTEL guy. wont say anything bad from PERFORMANCE point of view.
that made me switch to AMD, pretty satisfied now..

"U R THE FIRST & ONLY ONE TO SAY INTEL's STOCK HSF IS QUITE"
No third party coolers like ZALMAN's etc are available here, i searched a lot.

I had an overheat issue within the first three months of owning mine, the temperature was reading in the range of 200C (!) and the system appeared to crash a lot, but it was just doing a low level shutdown. It turns out that it was just a bug in the bios which was misreporting the temperature, and a simple patch fixed it. That was the only time I have ever had even a single hint of a crash with this motherboard and CPU.

Starscream
03-23-05, 01:48 PM
You've got to love Zalman heatsinks, I've got the previous version of this heatsink, the 7000b-cu (all copper) on my mobile xp 2500 and it does a great job.