PDA

View Full Version : Really strange issue with WoW and Nforce 4 Nvidia LAN.

ChrisRay
03-22-05, 01:59 AM
Ok yes. I have An Asus A8N SLI Deluxe. Lets keep the complaints about this board aside and try and see if anyone else might have a clue. The Nforce 4 has 2 LAN cards built onto it. The Nvidia Nforce 4 Lan card, and the marvel Gigabit Ethernet Lan.

The Nforce 4 lan runs perfectly as far as I can tell. It hasnt given me a single problem. I have been using it for a while with the Marvell disabled. However for the last month since I got the Nforce 4 board I have been experiencing strange disconnects upon my initial login with WoW. I assumed it was the WoW server sor something because I was greeted with unknown Entity for PC. However I noticed this does not happen on my other computer which is connected to the same network/router. I then was thinking. "Why is my SLI machine doing this"

The problem is. In World of Warcraft. When I sign in. I am can see whats happening around me. But I cant communicate or interact with anyone. I will get tells/group invites but I cant agree to them. I cant cast spells or anything else. However. About 30 seconds later I get disconnected and booted back to login screen. After that occurs. I can proceed to login fine with no issues whatsoever.

However this problem does not occur on the second network card I have. The Marvell Gigabit lan card performs fine and I recieve no disconnects. Now if its a faulty lan card why would it work fine in everything else? Anyway. Any suggestions would be nice. Its a minor annoyance as I'd prefer to the Nvidia Lan card because its PCIE and the Marvel one is standard PCI bus.

jAkUp
03-22-05, 02:03 AM
Did you download the just released nForce drivers?

ChrisRay
03-22-05, 02:04 AM
Did you download the just released nForce drivers?

I downloaded some last night from Nvidias website. Are there new ones?

jAkUp
03-22-05, 02:07 AM
Yea you probably have the latest ones... 6.53... Only thing I can suggest, maybe removing the lan driver, then reinstalling?

ChrisRay
03-22-05, 02:16 AM
WoW site had a fix for this.. but its not just my problem.. But I needed to disable "checksum offload balance" really wierd..

Superfly
03-22-05, 03:22 AM
I like my Marvell Gigabit LAN, never had an issue.

pcie is'nt gonna make your connection run faster.

Redneck
03-22-05, 09:00 AM
I've got the same problem with the nforce 4 ethernet controller. I'm going to try that fix tonight and see if it works.

ChrisRay
03-22-05, 07:18 PM
http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww0834p

Heres the fix if your having the problem. Worked wonders for me.