PDA

View Full Version : nForce3 Question....

ViN86
03-22-05, 11:18 AM
i heard that nvidia is going to stop making nForce3 ultra chipsets, is this true? i googled it but couldnt find anything. read it in a review on newegg.com and was wondering about the validity of it.

i just bought my AGP 6800GT a month ago. i guess i could sell it (for a fraction of what i paid) and get a PCI-E later, but if thats true about the nForce3 chipset, im gonna pick up a mobo and get the CPU later.

someone please shine some light on this situation. thx. ;)

Absolution
03-22-05, 09:45 PM
i dont think they would stop making nforce 3 chips all togather but rather slow them down dramastically to improve the agp->pci-e port

if there is a damand (there is) they should be making the products

just wait a bit, otherwise theres some cheap ones... uhh and some random retail sites that have htem instock probably more expensive

ViN86
03-23-05, 11:17 AM
nice, thought i might have bought my AGP card (for my current nforce2 board) for no reason. i was willing to pay $400, but not an extra 400 for cpu and nf4 mobo :(

thx

Gator
03-24-05, 09:03 AM
For a few weeks it was near impossible to find an NF3 Ultra board, but in the past few days I've noticed the stock increased again at Newegg.com. They may have slowed production for awhile, but it appears to be caught up again with more choices.

zoomy942
03-24-05, 10:31 AM
yeah, they'll make them as long as people are still buying AGP cards. they will slow down production as people migrate to pcie.