PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia System Sentinel

Skell
03-23-05, 10:51 AM
Hey guys

Built a new computer yesterday (DFI Lan Party NF4 SLI-DR, A64 3500+, 6800GT) and I keep getting an error at bootup that says that the GT isnt getting enough power and its being throttled back to protect itself from damage. This happens with all the 70 drivers, and I also get the error with the 6693's BUT it doesnt throttle the clocks back, therefore making game playing possible.

My PSU is a 550W Antec True Power, good rails AFAIK, although its a 20pin ATX rather than the new ATX 2.0 24 pin doo-dars.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

System specs as follows:

DFI Lan Party NF4 SLI-DR
A64 3500+ (Stock HSF)
2 x 512 PC3700 Corsair DDR RAM
Plextor PX-708A DVD-RW
Lite On 52x CD-RW
Western Digital 120gb PATA
Western Digital 250gb SATA
2 x 120mm case fans
Audigy 2 ZS
Leadtek PX6800 GT THD

Any help much appreciated

Skell

saturnotaku
03-23-05, 11:13 AM
Did you actually plug your card into your power supply using the 6-pin connector that either is on your power supply or via the adapter that should have come with the card?

Skell
03-23-05, 11:23 AM
Via the adapter that came with the card as that PSU doesnt have any 6 pin plugs. Tried it on its own with just a hard disk and no fans, same result.

Just ran a test with 3dmark 03, 11119. So it seems to be working ok with the 6693 drivers. Just nothing else :/

Skell

saturnotaku
03-23-05, 11:47 AM
Did you use both molex plugs that are on the adapter?

Skell
03-23-05, 11:52 AM
Yes

Skell

Skell
03-23-05, 01:23 PM
Anyone think a bios update might solve this?

Skell

rohit
03-24-05, 09:41 AM
1]I feel u should Fresh install the OS and use 6x.xx drivers which ever WHQL and SLi-compatible.
2]If the above doesnt help, try a different PSU.

Skell
03-24-05, 09:46 AM
1] Recently done that (yesterday in fact) same problem
2] Already ordered a new one :) (600W Enermax jobbie)

I'll keep you posted though. Hopefully will arrive before the weekend. Thanks for the advise, keep it coming :D

Skell

mike2h
03-24-05, 07:11 PM
did you try it by itself?(no hd). did you try another lead?

jAkUp
03-24-05, 08:09 PM
Did you plug the molex connector in that is right above the chipset fan?

Skell
03-25-05, 03:23 AM
If you mean the one on the motherboard, yeah :( And the other 5v floppy plug on the motherboard. No difference. Which seemed odd but never mind.

And um, I cant really try it without a HDD, because how would I load Windows? The fans on it spin up fine on boot up, its when it boots into XP where the fun begins :( Although if Im getting the wrong end of the stick, please correct me :)

New PSU wont arrive till after Easter now :(

Skell

jAkUp
03-25-05, 03:31 AM
If you mean the one on the motherboard, yeah :( And the other 5v floppy plug on the motherboard. No difference. Which seemed odd but never mind.

And um, I cant really try it without a HDD, because how would I load Windows? The fans on it spin up fine on boot up, its when it boots into XP where the fun begins :( Although if Im getting the wrong end of the stick, please correct me :)

Skell

OMG i never noticed that floppy connector! I wonder what it was for I was using my board this entire time without it... hmmm.. I just plugged it in right now...

Skell
03-25-05, 04:47 AM
LOL, Yeah I missed that, until I took another look at the picture :)

Skell

mike2h
03-25-05, 12:02 PM

Skell

hook the hd up to another lead. that psu of yours should have plenty. unless you have more hardware than is in your spec? from what i am seeing you might have to do a little juggling but you should have no problem getting that card on its own lead. if you have to share it with a fan.

Skell
04-09-05, 07:59 AM
Just to update, sent the card back as faulty to the supplier. Got the replacement today, slotted that bad boy in and hey presto, everything works fine :D

Skell

PSYCHODAD
04-09-05, 09:52 AM
congrats
:)