PDA

View Full Version : Lego's Starwars Game!

Gnu_Raiz
03-24-05, 10:37 AM
I have not seen anyone post about the above game, and thought I would get your input about this game, as it will be out in a couple of weeks. I think children will love this if they like lego's, I think women in general will like it, as it has the cute factor way up their. The only downside I can see is the fact that they rehash what the movies has done, might be kind of boring, on some levels.

http://legostarwarsthevideogame.com

Gnu_Raiz

|MaguS|
03-24-05, 10:57 AM
Theres a demo for it on Gamespot, I really dont care for this game much.

Mehbody
03-24-05, 12:43 PM
Theres a demo for it on Gamespot, I really dont care for this game much.

I must agree.. played the demo, seems boring. But, i've only liked a few star wars games (republic commando and kotor 1/2)

Vagrant Zero
03-24-05, 01:43 PM
I must agree.. played the demo, seems boring. But, i've only liked a few star wars games (republic commando and kotor 1/2)

TIE Fighter > ALL

|MaguS|
03-24-05, 01:44 PM
I don't know, TIE Fighter was great but Im REALLY liking Republice Commando, It's probably up there with HL2 in my books. I love the squad chatter...

AthlonXP1800
03-24-05, 02:08 PM
Weeee I loved Lego like crazy when I was kid and still do. I will download the demo and have a try. :D

einstein_314
03-24-05, 02:32 PM
yeah, I downloaded the demo last week sometime and wasn't too impressed with it. The graphics were cool because it actually looks like lego. And some things break apart like lego would, but the game play I didn't think was very good. And the demo is really short.

Slybri
03-26-05, 02:40 AM
Lego Star Wars is a kids game, so it's not to involved. Feels like a Nintendo game.
It takes you through all 3 prequel episodes and you can play as 30 different characters, so it might be worth playing if you're a star wars fan..a really bored star wars fan.
I hope that Episode III console game is good. I'm really itching for some hard-core lightsaber action.

Greg
03-26-05, 04:09 AM
That was a pretty cool and funny demo. That 3CPO driod will still follow you even after you blow off two arms and a leg, he just hops after you and uses his head to activate switches I think. Wasn't enough to make me want to buy the game, but was kind of cute.

SH64
04-18-05, 07:26 AM
I didnt pay much attention to this game until i saw its features in the front page today (thanks to Mike for the heads up).. gonna download it & see!

Gentle
04-18-05, 09:36 AM
When you play the demo and complete it, it offers you a "free play" mode that allows you to choose whichever character (out of the like 8-10 ones in the demo) you want, at any point.

The graphics aren't "Doom 3" by any means. But they are nice looking. They are very "lego" looking.

There is some sort of "secret code" that you get for collecting 10 of something that I cannot remember the name of at this point.

Gentle

UDawg
04-18-05, 10:32 AM
This game is targeted towards young children as was mentioned in the first post. My 6 year old son loves it. It find it funny that you guys would sit around and say "it was boring". Well of course, unless you are under 10 you are most likely not the target consumer.

SH64
04-18-05, 03:58 PM
Actually i'm going to download the demo just to check the SM3.0 & Ultra Shadow II support. i'm more interested in the graphics rather than the game itself.

GamerGuyX
04-18-05, 04:11 PM
Actually i'm going to download the demo just to check the SM3.0 & Ultra Shadow II support. i'm more interested in the graphics rather than the game itself.

lol

HowlingPhoenix
04-18-05, 04:43 PM
I rented it and this game is really simplistic but fun...I'm a Star Wars fan so I probably enjoyed it more than some others. Its really really short but entertaining, playing the game along with my girlfriend was pretty fun also.

kev13dd
04-18-05, 07:38 PM
I like the website! The game doesn't look appealing though...

I remember owning a bunch of those legos a few years ago though

K