PDA

View Full Version : Best Drivers For A GeForce 6600GT?

the_Vandal
03-24-05, 12:27 PM
I'm new to nVidia cards and know nothing about them so I would like some reccommendations on which driver set to use. Help is appreciated. It is a LeadTek brand card by the way.

Edit: Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. Could a mod move this to the driver section?

saturnotaku
03-24-05, 02:02 PM
There are approximately 135,394 threads on this subject in the driver forum. Use the search function, spend some time looking through the appropriate threads, download several different sets and determine which one best suits your needs.

joltcola
03-25-05, 12:25 AM
There are approximately 135,394 threads on this subject in the driver forum. Use the search function, spend some time looking through the appropriate threads, download several different sets and determine which one best suits your needs.

Yah, what he said. Do try and search and look around. Performance is a big thing around here, and you can bet there are many stickes and long posts on the same thing your posting about.

Also, to help out a bit. Try heading over to guru3d.com. They usually have the latest current and beta drivers out there, as well as user comments on performance and such. forums.nvidia.com has posts on 6600gt performance and drivers ( as there have been a ton of people effected by system lockup ). 3dmark developers futuremark have a forum and guess what they talk about over there.

I've read 71.22 are pretty good, and they are running cooler by a few degree points in comparison to the newer releases. Not sure if that is accurate, haven't tested that myself, or seen proof. I'm currently running 76.10 and haven't seen an issue with them myself. I run around 55c idle/web browsing and around 80c in game/underload.

jAkUp
03-25-05, 12:27 AM
I would recommend the latest 71.84's from www.nvidia.com

Those give me the least issues

zoomy942
03-25-05, 12:29 AM
I would recommend the latest 71.84's from www.nvidia.com

Those give me the least issues

i agree. or the 76.10. i have those and they work fine... but then again.. i think saturn was wrong when he said there were several hunderd thousand threads about this...

he left off a few sets of zeros on his estimate. :)

admiral1313
03-25-05, 12:41 PM
I'm new to nVidia cards and know nothing about them so I would like some reccommendations on which driver set to use. Help is appreciated. It is a LeadTek brand card by the way.

Edit: Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. Could a mod move this to the driver section?

I also have a 6600GT and I highly recommend the XG 76.10 HD drivers.I've tried every other beta and official driver there is and this one is unbeatable in terms of image quality and performance.Just make sure you download the HD version and not the regular.You can get them from www.tweaksrus.com (http://www.tweaksrus.com)