PDA

View Full Version : DFI-LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D

bkswaney
03-24-05, 09:53 PM
Anyone running one of these here?
How does it OC?
How do u like it?

What in the heck is DXG(Dual Xpress Graphics) supported?
Is that a non offical SLI setup?

The reason I ask is I can pick one up for 120.
I know the SLI Lanparty is like 230.00 bucks.

Input please.
I was going to get a AGP Epox but for the price
I might get this bad boy. ;)

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3471&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP%20UT&SITE=US

jAkUp
03-24-05, 09:56 PM
DXG means you can run 2 graphics cards in one machine (non-SLI)

You can mod it to support SLI, however I would not recommend it (need to find a bracket, nvidia not supporting it in drivers)

fastguy94416
03-24-05, 10:02 PM
I'm still really not understanding what the DXG does, could you possibly explain it a little further, or point me in a direction that would?

Rytr
03-24-05, 10:05 PM
I had one and it would overclock like a bandit. Just like the SLi board but with the Ultra chip. Successfully modded the chip to SLi but could not get the bracket for it and Nvidia announced they would not give driver support. Sold it and got an SLi board.
Excellent board if you want access to all the speed options and tweaks in the bios.

jAkUp
03-24-05, 10:09 PM
I'm still really not understanding what the DXG does, could you possibly explain it a little further, or point me in a direction that would?

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Press/press_header_content_us.jsp?PAGE_TYPE=US&TITLE_ID=4890&LINKED_URL=arch344.jsp&SITE=US

You can get 4 monitor support. Thats the big plus of running 2 cards.

ChrisRay
03-24-05, 10:19 PM
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Press/press_header_content_us.jsp?PAGE_TYPE=US&TITLE_ID=4890&LINKED_URL=arch344.jsp&SITE=US

You can get 4 monitor support. Thats the big plus of running 2 cards.
I believe this requires SLI to be disabled. I also believe all PCIE cards of 6800GT and up offer Dual DVI. Mine do anyway.

jAkUp
03-24-05, 10:21 PM
Yes, I was just explaning what DXG is. The DFI nF4 Ultra has dual PCIe 16x slots but no SLI. Its just for multimonitor support. And yes, I belive 6800 and above PCIe have dual DVI's

wheeljack12
03-26-05, 02:43 PM
It would be nice to see the NFforce Professional get put into the more common retail market. I mean strip down what Venturi is using. Meaning no Ultra scsi 320, pci-x 100 or 133 slots. Or in other words, get one of our SLI motherboards and take off the SLI chipset and put on the nforce pro chipset. I don't need the SCSI since SATA2 is already in place and there is not a huge calling for the PCI-X slots. It's the full speed 16x SLI slots which I would love to have minus the server type features. The motherboard I am referring to is the Tyan K8WE that venturi has. I can see now at least why some of new SLI motherboards are getting software sli switching. Imagine being able to switch from SLI to multi display modes in software.

jAkUp
03-26-05, 02:46 PM
I would love to have the dual 16x slots also, but I really doubt that there would really be a difference in performance.