PDA

View Full Version : help.. screen annoyingly flickers every now and then...

hypertek
03-25-05, 12:03 AM
ok this only started happening recently.. im running xg71.60 drivers.. I left my computer on overnight one time the night before this started happening.. I can be working in desktop, and computer will pause for 1 second, tehn teh screen will flicker *simular to how you change the refreshrate and it flickers*.. something like that... then after a while, it will do it constantly.. I dont know why it just started doing this... I did driver cleaner, and reinstlaled.. anyone else get this?? All i can think of is that leaving my computer on overnight (had the monitor off) maybe something happened??

ynnek
03-25-05, 12:12 AM
always got to mention this, but did you try disconnecting your monitor cable, making sure everything is clean, and firmly reconnecting it back again?

Acid Rain
03-25-05, 12:29 AM
What kind of monitor? I had a Viewsonic p90f once that would do that. One day it just went "POP" and died.

hypertek
03-25-05, 01:33 AM
i got a mag innovision 19'... i even tried reseating the video card... i reinstalled windowblinds and cleaned up my hd a lil.. if it continues, i guess ill try backstepping whatever i installed last and remove em..

BlownGSR
03-28-05, 01:25 AM
when does it flicker? when you right click the nvidia start bar icon? or when you right click a video file? or pop up a large right click menu? thats when mine happens. someone elsewhere wrote that this is a normal thing for nvidia cards, this is garbage in my opinion, and i will buy an ati card next, screw nvidia, they release this POS to us.

wickfut
03-28-05, 10:44 AM
my 6800gt flickers with my P1110 21" crt but never with my old samsung 17" lcd

ViN86
03-28-05, 12:03 PM
did you try using another monitor?

Hawk7seven7
03-28-05, 12:15 PM
ok this only started happening recently.. im running xg71.60 drivers.. I left my computer on overnight one time the night before this started happening.. I can be working in desktop, and computer will pause for 1 second, tehn teh screen will flicker *simular to how you change the refreshrate and it flickers*.. something like that... then after a while, it will do it constantly.. I dont know why it just started doing this... I did driver cleaner, and reinstlaled.. anyone else get this?? All i can think of is that leaving my computer on overnight (had the monitor off) maybe something happened??

You've tried everything but the most obvious solution of all. Check the circuit you have the monitor plugged in to. Monitor's are easily susceptible to electrical interference by something else running on the same power circuit. Turn all other electrical devices off that you can. Turn PC on and see if the monitor flickers. If the monitor doesn't flicker then turn things on in your room / home one at a time and keep track each time seeing if any one of combination of devices cause the flickering condition to start. Most common thing to cause this problem is a lamp, I've also seen an A/C do it, and once a refrigerator. When you've located the offending item you have two choices, move that offending item to a different plug <electrical circuit> or move your monitor to a different circuit. They also have devices called "Line Conditioners" and "Voltage Regulators" which can also help with power situations and to keep your computer safe from over or under voltage situations which can damage your pc. APC makes some of the better ones. Good luck with that. Oh one other thing, if that all doesn't work, you could just have a bad monitor, in which case you'd need to RMA it. **** happens, I had to RMA the new 22" monitor I had gotten 3 times until they gave me one which worked right.