PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2/Xbox/PC) Revealed

SH64
03-25-05, 08:19 PM
According to various sources the latest PC Gamer issue will have an announcement for Star Wars Battlefront 2. Scheduled for fall 2005, SW: BF2, it is under development for PC and consoles, although specific platforms, current or next gen, were not revealed. Game details as scarce at this point but the sequel will have a much improved AI and gameplay will no longer be of the "hold this amount of bases to win" type, but rather a serious of objectives which need to be completed. Of course the new product will feature various new levels, including a space battle in & around the Deathstar (SW Ep 4: A New Hope), and the Blockade Runner spaceship (thanks Gamefront). Now that the cat is out of the bag, an official announcement will most likely follow shortly.

http://www.worthplaying.com/

Cool i liked SW:BF although it didnt have good graphics but the game was decent for any SW fan .. at least for me :)

MustangSVT
03-25-05, 10:52 PM
Hmm. This game sucked the big one IMO. It was a completely dumbed down clone of BF1942. Maybe for the next one they'll actually use an original idea and make the gameplay more than just run around and shoot the first guy that comes on your screen without using any tactics. BTW, I don't hate Star Wars, in fact it's my favorite movie of all time and that includes the first two episodes (yes I love the two new episodes.. I'm that big of a fan), and I thought KotOR and all the Jedi Knight games completely ruled, but Battlefront was the saddest excuse for a game I've seen lately.. most dumbed down gameplay I've ever seen in a online shooter.

Connaught
03-26-05, 04:20 AM
agreed, the original sucked...didn't even have proper flight movements (physics) ...very dissapointing...