PDA

View Full Version : trying to run hdtv resolutions on my pc

FearMeAll
03-27-05, 08:12 AM
hello everyone. I recently purchased a sony KP-46wt520 46" high definition tv and am currently using it now as my computer monitor. The nvidia drivers had no problem detecting that I had a high def display and allowed me to do the necessary underscanning of the deskptop image so that all four corners of the image showed. ( I am using dvi to hdmi to my tv to get the picture) The best resolution my nv drivers could set was 1177 x 662. At this resolution there is no flickering and text is perfectly readable. However, many games will not support this odd resolution and any other rez looks just hideous on this tv. 1024 x 768 doesn't fit properly and the overscanning mkaes it flicker like mad.
Now I believe it was this forum a while back ago I heard of a program that can force about any game to run at whatever resolution you want. I didn't think I was going to need it at the time so I never downloaded it. If anyone knows of suck a program please post it on here for me as I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a few games that I can force my rez on my editing **.ini files and some games like chronicles of riddick detect it automatically but is there any way to make those stubborn games run at a decent widescreen rez because otherwixe they are unplayable.

FearMeAll
03-27-05, 02:32 PM
anyone..

FearMeAll
03-27-05, 03:04 PM
ah nevermind..I believe I found exactly what I was looking for here http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/