PDA

View Full Version : XG 76.41s ....tried them yet?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Peoples-Agent
03-27-05, 08:52 AM
XG 76.41s ....

Suprised not been a mention of these anywhere yet... anyone given these a whirl yet?

Reports very promising so far, their 76.10s HD version had gorgeous IQ.

newls1
03-27-05, 08:58 AM
did you not see the sticky up top? I tried these drivers, but if your running an SLI setup, they will lock up windows.....DAMN, and these drivers seemed promising....

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 09:10 AM
JRd1st has sli and it works fine on his setup. Ill get him to comment on it and tell ya wut he did or how he has his system setup... and hes talking about the XG version of the 76.41 the sticky up top is for regular 76.41. This SLI problem is in the regular 76.41 so its not because of the XG tweaks.

chadashcroft22
03-27-05, 09:30 AM
Gonna try these because I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!! there drivers more than my parents. LOL I hope these hd drivers really are sweet as I imagine. I'll post back with the results.

newls1
03-27-05, 09:43 AM
JRd1st has sli and it works fine on his setup. Ill get him to comment on it and tell ya wut he did or how he has his system setup... and hes talking about the XG version of the 76.41 the sticky up top is for regular 76.41. This SLI problem is in the regular 76.41 so its not because of the XG tweaks.

When will you guys make a version of this driver?

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 10:00 AM
we already have an XG 76.41 driver. get it at www.tweaksrus.com

JRd1st
03-27-05, 10:23 AM
I've been using these since they were leaked and I have absolutely no problems with them. As you can see, I have SLi.

The only different thing I'm doing, is that I don't use the nvidia network adapter and I don't have the nVidia Firewall installed; they's have caused probs for me in the past, so I use the Marvell Yukon ethernet adapter on my board instead.

The nVidia Firewall caused 3dmark05 to crash my system before it even woud run. And NAM caused BlueScreens with Steam and other apps.

Since I stopped using them, my system is solid.

Hope this helps you guys.

|MaguS|
03-27-05, 10:37 AM
How about not locking the forums to unregistered users(can't view forum unless I registered, asks me to sign in)? I don't want to sign up for anohter forum just to read a discussion on some drivers that may be good or bad...

JRd1st
03-27-05, 11:01 AM
Most of the forums are NOT locked to unregistered users.

And it takes less time to register that it did for you to complain just now, so what's the big deal?

We even have an open forum that unregistered users can post in.

|MaguS|
03-27-05, 11:06 AM
I don't care about posting... I want to read the forums (get information on the new driver releases) and yes it is a hassle to register because I don't want to. I have more then enough forums that im subscribed too...

I don't see how it would be too difficult for XG just to let people read and not post if they are not subscirbed... would help on getting info around on the drivers aswell...

but eh, your site so its your choice... guess its another reason not to support your drivers though... closed communities suck...

newls1
03-27-05, 11:08 AM
we already have an XG 76.41 driver. get it at www.tweaksrus.com

I know you have a HD version, but all I care about is speed, not really looks...

JRd1st
03-27-05, 11:26 AM
I don't care about posting... I want to read the forums (get information on the new driver releases) and yes it is a hassle to register because I don't want to. I have more then enough forums that im subscribed too...

I don't see how it would be too difficult for XG just to let people read and not post if they are not subscirbed... would help on getting info around on the drivers aswell...

but eh, your site so its your choice... guess its another reason not to support your drivers though... closed communities suck...
Did you read my post? Most of our forums ARE open to the public to read. I even logged out to check that they are still that way. I don't know what the problem is that causes you to think you can't read our forums.

We have, I think, 3 forums that can only be read by members, all the rest can be read by anyone that's not banned. And we havn't banned anyone yet. So . . .

JRd1st
03-27-05, 11:28 AM
I know you have a HD version, but all I care about is speed, not really looks...
Well, between the HD version and the old ones, there's only a very tiny, if any speed decrease. And between the stock drivers and the XG HD version, there's a speed increase on my system.

|MaguS|
03-27-05, 11:37 AM
My apologies on misreading your initial post but I still cannot access the forums from the link on the main page that links me to the new discussion on the 76.41-HD Drivers... Hell I can barely open your site (not my net though, can browse other sites perfectly).

gstanford
03-27-05, 11:40 AM
Excellent work by the XG team as always. I would have reported back a little earlier, but I got carried away testing these out...

I really like these 76.41's. I don't know what nVidia is doing but they have really "lightened the load" so to speak. Games are extremely responsive. Also AA quality on GF-FX seems to be much improved it's a lot harder to notice edges.

71.20 were a great set compared to what went before them, but 75.90 and 76.41 are like upgrading to a new card in terms of how they feel. I'll be ordering a 6800 Ultra (might as well go the whole hog) in a few days can't wait to see how they perform on that compared to my 5900XT.

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 11:42 AM
What forum cant you access and ill look into it. Weve been having site problems.

|MaguS|
03-27-05, 11:47 AM
Whatever is being linked on the main page

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 12:40 PM
go here and post whatever you want about the drivers.

http://www.tweaksrus.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9

we have only about 3 forums that regular users cannot view... the members only forum. inner circle and beta tester forums i think.

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 12:42 PM
ebgtmagus = newls1 that is on our site i see you got in......

|MaguS|
03-27-05, 12:56 PM
nope, havent tried to get on since my last post...

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 12:58 PM
so your not newls1?

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 01:02 PM
well anyway go to the link i gave ya and talk about the drivers there...

Peoples-Agent
03-27-05, 03:49 PM
did you not see the sticky up top? I tried these drivers, but if your running an SLI setup, they will lock up windows.....DAMN, and these drivers seemed promising....

The whole point of this thread was about the XG version, hopefully you eventually picked that up! Not the blasted usual rubbish , plain ones lol

aceflier
03-27-05, 05:36 PM
Tried em.... Same anoying sound pops in d3d games as the nvidia 76.41's. :thumbdwn:

Edit... Solved by turning cmss2 off in eax console. Odd never had the problem w/cmss2 before. Went back to the 71.84's I still got this popping no matter what I do. W/71.84's or any other driver no popping in the speakers.

ssj4goku887
03-27-05, 06:12 PM
cmss2 is intended for movies