PDA

View Full Version : Will NVIDIA ever get Refresh Override working again?

UberRN69
03-28-05, 01:53 AM
I know this has been brought up in several other post scattered throughout this forum. But most of those posts are old, so I'm bringing it up again.

Refresh Override has not worked properly since 65.xx's released back in August of 04'. Yes, you can enable in most of the current set of drivers, but not without taking a HUGE performance loss. Do any of the newer sets address this? Or is NVIDIA just thinking we like our monitors running at 60MHz all the time when playing games? :balloon:

Superfly
03-28-05, 02:36 AM
I suggest we get EP to ask them in his special little way.

-=DVS=-
03-28-05, 03:15 AM
Google for "Reforce" or for realy lazy ones Linky (http://dl.winsite.com/bin/downl?10000000036307)
Universal solution to Refresh problem.

UberRN69
03-28-05, 03:31 AM
Google for "Reforce" or for realy lazy ones Linky (http://dl.winsite.com/bin/downl?10000000036307)
Universal solution to Refresh problem.

Thanks for the tip... but I tried this one already. Some games, namely Battlefield Vietnam don't like Reforce at all. Even despite this, I guess my question would be why should we have to find a workaround on our own, when up until 7 months ago NVIDIA's own refresh override was working just great?

Gurra101
03-28-05, 05:39 AM
I donīt have any problems with the biult in refresh rate!

-=DVS=-
03-28-05, 12:19 PM
Battlefield is only exception , they want 60hz refresh rate at start there is ini in its directory you need to edit allow all refresh rates or something like that :p .

Also there is clone of Nvidias build in tool called RefreshLock (got no negative effect on performance as far as i know) , i used to use it to untill i found reforce.

Mojoe
03-28-05, 12:40 PM
Deer Hunter 2005 also hates Reforce.

s-flow
03-28-05, 01:55 PM
I would recommend the excellent RefreshLock instead.
This program works perfectly with every game Iīv played.

http://dl.winsite.com/bin/downl?5000000037257

Give it a try! :)

Absolution
03-28-05, 02:21 PM
nvrefreshtool 2.1a works for every game ive tried

mike2h
03-28-05, 06:35 PM
i would prefer having nv fix what they broke instead of having to install yet another prog & having it in my startup.
but thx for the links guys.

Shazbot
03-28-05, 11:02 PM
reforce doesn't needed to be loaded at startup. All you do is run it after you install nvidia drivers Make sure you know the highest supported refresh rate(for your monitor) for each resolution before applying or it won't work ;) I've been using reforce since detonator drivers with no problems ever.

mike2h
03-29-05, 01:31 AM
so you are saying it is not in startup programs in msconfig?
does it actually change something in the nvidia drivers to enable this?

Peoples-Agent
03-29-05, 03:45 AM
It's all good and well, but reversing its effects have always been a complete pain to me. Does it just go away with a simple driver reinstall?

Goran
03-29-05, 04:00 AM
Why not just use the override option located in Dxdiag for DirectX games and set the refresh rate in the config files for OpenGL games. I have used this method for years without any problems ;)

/S

saturnotaku
03-29-05, 05:50 AM
Why not just use the override option located in Dxdiag for DirectX games and set the refresh rate in the config files for OpenGL games. I have used this method for years without any problems ;)

/S

Because not every OpenGL game supports a refresh rate override.

I've used Refresh Force ever since it came out and it has worked flawlessly with every game I've ever tried to run. The key, as has been said, is to make sure you input the highest refresh rates your monitor can support.