PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Copy of 1st install disk for Armies of Exigo

dpagan
03-28-05, 10:56 AM
My little girl broke the first install disk for Armies of Exigo. Need a copy.

|MaguS|
03-28-05, 12:39 PM
Er... While Im sorry to hear that your game disc was destroyed, I think it would be illegal to sell a copy of it to you.

Have you tried contacting the publisher of the game, most offer disc replacement for the cost of shipping.

dpagan
03-28-05, 01:11 PM
My bad...While you might be right, it wasn't my intentions to get a copy illegally. The game comes in a two disk set and all i wanted was the first install disk. but i will be checking with the publisher as you stated, thanks for the info.

Stoneyguy
03-28-05, 08:50 PM
I don't think it's illegal, since you have a licence for it already. I don't have the game, otherwise I'd be glad to send it to ya for the cost to ship it. Hope you have luck in finding one.

superklye
03-28-05, 08:56 PM
In this case, would it be illegal for someone to burn a copy of the first disc and send it to you? Since both would already own licenses for the game, it would just be a backup of the disc you lost (and paid for)?

dpagan
03-28-05, 11:01 PM
I don't think it's illegal, since you have a licence for it already. I don't have the game, otherwise I'd be glad to send it to ya for the cost to ship it. Hope you have luck in finding one.

Thanks, i looked at EA website and they want $13.00 for a replacement. That seems quite a lot when you add what i already paid for the game. I'll wait and see if i get lucky and someone here sends me a copy.

night
03-28-05, 11:01 PM
technically ur allowed a backup, so by that time who cares where you get the copy from.
the only part that matters is if you properly own it or not.

and anyone doing the bad side of that wouldnt have made this thread to begin with

dpagan
03-28-05, 11:06 PM
In this case, would it be illegal for someone to burn a copy of the first disc and send it to you? Since both would already own licenses for the game, it would just be a backup of the disc you lost (and paid for)?

You're right, I do own a license and i have my own CD key code. I believe it would be legit (but who knows) I'm not good with all that legal jargon anyways.

night
03-28-05, 11:07 PM

superklye
03-28-05, 11:33 PM
umm...thanks?

circuitbreaker8
03-28-05, 11:45 PM
The FBI isn't gonna come knocking on your door if you DL the ISO.

Lord Heinrich
04-02-05, 07:56 PM
I am pretty sure that it is illegal to have someone else make you a backup of your own softaware/media. It can probably be argued that whoever makes the copy is distributing the media (you only own the right to use and make <b>one</b> backup) and that would violate the license agreement or whatever copyright agreement comes with it. Also, the one being copied is not your copy so you do not have the right to his/her copy.

It would be next to impossible to catch you however and a waste of money and time if they try anything. Also, it is usually whoever distributes the copies that gets in trouble or chased after like with the whole kazaa thing where they only chased after people who shared <b>lots</b> of music/media and did not really care about the people downloading it.

If you are worried, it's better to be safe than sorry. You can always buy a complete used version for less than $10 (make sure you do not pay more than $13 including shipping). You can also get the backup from the manufacturer, or just find a better, more discreet (do not announce on internet) way of copying the disc.