PDA

View Full Version : NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver v0.7

mainman
03-28-05, 08:20 PM
NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver v0.7

The NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver is a tweaked version of the nVidia Forceware driver. The main purpose is to satisfy the users with a better performance and better image quality. The Driver has support for all Geforce cards.

Changes since v0.6:
Updated base to ForceWare BETA 76.41
Removed support for the Go Series (Temporary)

Notes:
The author is not responsible for any damage.
This driver is not supported by NVIDIA Corporation.
ForceWare 76.41 is NOT stable! You may experience some issues.
Please report bugs! It means so much to us.

Download (http://www.ngohq.com/files.php?go=giveme&dwn_id=17)

Mirrors needed.

aZn_plyR
03-28-05, 10:50 PM
what would satisfy me is that these dang beta drivers don't have these sound glitch for me..only the 71.84's are great..but are not quite as fast as the 75.90 or the 76.xx

grrrrrr

Peoples-Agent
03-28-05, 11:26 PM
I had an NGO version , the last ones based on the 76.10s ...and very sorry to say dude, the IQ in Brothers in Arms was the worst I have ever seen in my life.

mainman
03-28-05, 11:47 PM
I had an NGO version , the last ones based on the 76.10s ...and very sorry to say dude, the IQ in Brothers in Arms was the worst I have ever seen in my life.

Thanks for the feedback. Any feedback is good feedback for us, we are trying to improve the drivers with every release, sorry your experience wasn't good with the drivers, but you could do us a big favor and stop by our site and give us any feedback relating bugs or improvements you would like to see in our drivers. BTW be aware these BETA drivers are very unstable and people are reporting various bugs. So use at own risk.

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 12:41 AM
ForceWare 76.41 is NOT stable! You may experience some issues.

Yes they are... Atleast for me they are. I have no't crashed once since installing them.

mainman
03-29-05, 01:05 AM
Yes they are... Atleast for me they are. I have no't crashed once since installing them.

Nice to know. :cool:

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 01:29 AM
Yah, I love the new Forceware, Nvidia finally did a good almost perfect Driver release for me.

Peoples-Agent
03-29-05, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Any feedback is good feedback for us, we are trying to improve the drivers with every release, sorry your experience wasn't good with the drivers, but you could do us a big favor and stop by our site and give us any feedback relating bugs or improvements you would like to see in our drivers. BTW be aware these BETA drivers are very unstable and people are reporting various bugs. So use at own risk.

Yeah no problem, I will add something positive to that and say they were VERY fast ...I cannot deny that one bit, but to create a balanced set I would suggest you focus a bit more on IQ.... or better still create a set such as the last release and primarily aim them at people with low end systems. A friend of mine actually loves that last set simply because his rig isn't upto alot of the newer games but this way he can enjoy them still the best he can until he can afford to upgrade.

Can't say I had a bad experience with them, was just disappointed by the IQ, overwhelmed by the Performance.

- D -

EDIT: The 76.41s generally are the best set of nVidia drivers I have come across in months, literally ....no temp issues, very stable, good IQ and solid performance. They would have made a far better official release if only they could get some solid fix for SLi users. Its a disgrace to think that kind of investment isn't paying off simply due to bad driver support. I really feel for them to be honest.

TierMann
03-29-05, 03:05 PM
Peoples-Agent...
I noticed that these NGO 0.7's set quality to performance and enabled all optimizations by default. I set it to quality and left the optimizations on which I normally do and performance seemed normal as well as IQ. Maybe you were still set to performance mode?
It may explain why you get better performance and low IQ.

Only problems I've had so far with these and the stock 76.41's is the wierd shapes in halo.
http://img231.exs.cx/img231/2920/halo20050328021709707zb.th.jpg (http://img231.exs.cx/img231/2920/halo20050328021709707zb.jpg)

saturnotaku
03-29-05, 03:08 PM
They would have made a far better official release if only they could get some solid fix for SLi users.

You should qualify that for 6800 SLI users. I know I'm not the only 6600 GT SLI user who has had no problems with these drivers (stock 76.41 set). Can't say I'm a fan of the NGO set - IQ is very poor overall, much like Omega's NVIDIA drivers.

ssj4goku887
03-29-05, 03:33 PM
Peoples-Agent...
I noticed that these NGO 0.7's set quality to performance and enabled all optimizations by default. I set it to quality and left the optimizations on which I normally do and performance seemed normal as well as IQ. Maybe you were still set to performance mode?
It may explain why you get better performance and low IQ.

Only problems I've had so far with these and the stock 76.41's is the wierd shapes in halo.
http://img231.exs.cx/img231/2920/halo20050328021709707zb.th.jpg (http://img231.exs.cx/img231/2920/halo20050328021709707zb.jpg)

Thos shapes you are seeing are artifacts and arent normal.

Peoples-Agent
03-29-05, 06:24 PM
You would have to say that lol
Mr Competition! ;-)

TierMann
03-29-05, 07:27 PM
Thos shapes you are seeing are artifacts and arent normal.

I know that much, but why would this set give me artifacts and only in Halo?
Other games push this card a lot harder at the same clocks. It seems like a software issue.

TeaEtchSee
03-29-05, 08:33 PM
You would have to say that lol
Mr Competition! ;-)

lol....Both produce good shiet...