PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell 3 Chaos Theory feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

jAkUp
03-28-05, 10:05 PM
Lets hear it :afro:

Make sure to pick up the official patch first (thanks SH64)
Patch 1.01 (http://patches.ubi.com/splinter_cell_chaos_theory/splinter_cell_chaos_theory_1.01_america.exe)

Here is my quick review:
Game is fantastic, graphics are better than the demo, and run twice as fast, 1600x1200 HDR/8xAF and all options maxed is completely playable. I just finished the first two missions, and they were extremely tense, and exciting. Can't wati to get to the other missions :) Here is some quick screenshots I grabbed from the full version:

Mr. Hunt
03-28-05, 10:10 PM
Actually if it is anything like the multiplayer beta... it has an autopatcher included.

Anyway... yeah... I SHOULD be getting the game tomorrow... but gamestop.com might screw me over.

SH64
03-28-05, 10:19 PM
I'm getting it as soon as its available here . afterall its a good game to take advantage of the SLI setup :D
& i'll be interested to see if SM2.0 is implemented for the ATi cards in the full ver or not .

Mr. Hunt
03-28-05, 10:25 PM
I read some messages from people who already have the game and they said only SM 1.1 and SM 3.0

saturnotaku
03-28-05, 10:34 PM
The Xbox version was available for purchase today at my local EB. PC to come tomorrow.

superklye
03-28-05, 10:44 PM
I'm very interested in this game, especially after reading the PCGamer review. I think I'll download the demo tomorrow when I get back on campus and see.

I remember playing the first game two years ago, but that was on a GF4 and it kept overheating my computer and crashing it, so it kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. But from the little I was able to play of that...it was spectacular.

fivefeet8
03-29-05, 12:14 AM
Getting my copy on wednesday. I can't wait. The demo will have to suffice until then. I've been trying to get 100% on the hardest level. ;)

Knot3D
03-29-05, 03:58 AM
That 1280 x 960 rez seems to be hurting your framerate there Jakup.

I'm playing sm3.0 all options enabled at 1024 x 768 and that section
with the cave bridge i get about 40 fps, so i prefer that over 1280 x 960.

Btw, Gamespot stooped to new lows ; they gave the game a mere 8.6
Yes, Kasavin strikes again. Remember he gave MGS2 a 9.6, MGS3 a 8.7
though.

jAkUp
03-29-05, 10:56 AM
Thats actually 1600x1200 with the screen size reduced 80% :) With the newer drivers SLI actually worked in HDR, so I was getting about 40fps at 1600x1200, but they were so unstable in other games I was forced to go back to the latest officials.

Skinner
03-29-05, 11:06 AM
One of the best games for 2005 I think. Tomorrow I'll pick it up at the media markt in Rotterdam, not that many knows that store though :D

I was thinking, if I should play it now, or wait for a next gen videocard ;) I do'nt think I can wait so long...

aaahhh52
03-29-05, 11:07 AM
Damnit apparently my EB's got the xbox and ps2 versions but they didnt recieve there pc shipments. Anger rising......

jAkUp
03-29-05, 11:20 AM
One of the best games for 2005 I think. Tomorrow I'll pick it up at the media markt in Rotterdam, not that many knows that store though :D

I was thinking, if I should play it now, or wait for a next gen videocard ;) I do'nt think I can wait so long...

If you wait your gonna be waiting a while :)

Lfctony
03-29-05, 12:26 PM
This is another one my brother is looking forward to. Me, I have to finish GoW and then get on anything else.

Mr. Hunt
03-29-05, 01:56 PM
Man... gamestop is pissing me off so bad... I am STILL in the freaking "Processing" stage... those idiots should have had it sent by now... this is getting ridiculous... when I preorder a game... I expect to get it when I am supposed to (with overnight shipping and the game being out yesterday... I should have it... TODAY)... yet they can't even ship it off STILL.

aaahhh52
03-29-05, 04:05 PM
So has anybody actually gotten the pc version yet? No one in the southwest florida area is carrying the pc version, the xbox and ps2 version are in stores but the pc version is not. Same thing for my friend in chicago

fivefeet8
03-29-05, 04:43 PM
My collectors DVD version is on it's way!!!! Should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.

jnd3
03-29-05, 04:47 PM
My collectors DVD version is on it's way!!!! Should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.
Is it DVD only, or is there a CDROM version as well? I guess it doesn't much matter since I used the DVD version to convince my wife that it was time to get a DVD burner. :D

fivefeet8
03-29-05, 05:03 PM
There is a CD version with maybe 3 or 4 CD's. I ordered the collectors DVD set which comes with the game and an extra DVD with some videos and art from the making of the game as well as some background information on the programming of the game itself.

Here's what I got:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255271.asp

aaahhh52
03-29-05, 05:50 PM
Whether you bought the collectors edition or not the're both dvd, no cd roms. The collectors edition just comes with an extra dvd

Mr. Hunt
03-29-05, 05:56 PM
Well this is great... my hate for Gamestop has stopped and my hate for FedEx begins... I used to love FedEx... until today... they apparently couldn't drop my package off without me signing for it... even though they have done that MANY times in the past (I used to order A LOT of stuff).

Riptide
03-29-05, 06:01 PM
Sometimes that's not FedEx's fault. If the shipper specifies it needs a signature then that's how they're going to do it.

Mr. Hunt
03-29-05, 06:10 PM
Well then I hate everybody... this is so freaking retarded.

aaahhh52
03-29-05, 06:32 PM
Well then I hate everybody... this is so freaking retarded.
Ha lol me2 i was all excited today as i woke up early me and my buddy were gonna go pick it up for pc and coop all day long. Little to our knowledge NOBODY carried the pc version. So now i have to wait till thurs or fri to get it. I know its only a couple of days extra but thats a real downer, ive been waiting forever for this game.

holmes
03-29-05, 09:58 PM
That's weird about it not being available yet. Usually EB is really good about having a PC game on launch day before everyone else....

Mr. Hunt
03-29-05, 10:00 PM
Well... if they don't leave it at my door tomorrow... I will be killing everyone.