PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT Fans Advice?

Pages : [1] 2

Scaramonga
03-29-05, 06:11 AM
Bit of advice needed here peeps........

Fans on my BFG 6800GT appear to be FULL on permanently!....and its annoying.....lol.

Any way of controlling this apart from using Expertool.....which does the job....but takes too damn long to start up!!?

The fans used to vary before I flashed to the 1.4v Golden Sample BIOS.

Ticking or unticking the 'Fans alwayz On' in nVidia control panel makes no difference one way or another?.........although before flashing.....this option was never available anyway!

Any advice appreciated peeps.......many thx! :) :)

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 06:20 AM
Of course your fans will be on max, you flashed your bios to a high volt which creates more heat. I wouldn't even risk lowering the speed of your fans because of this.

Flashing when not required = stuipid.

If your annoyed with the loudness of the fans, get another cooler. Slowing down the stock fans will hurt your card.

Scaramonga
03-29-05, 08:00 AM
Flashing when not required = stuipid.

Well first off............hardly stupid!...........I flashed because I couldn't get anywhere near a 400 core clock with the stock BFG BIOS!!..........now I'm sitting nicely as you can see from my Sig :)

Temps idle are 56 and 70 load!!...........yes.........well within this cards limitations........also its only 2D fan settings I want to reduce as its unessessary for them to be FULL on when not gaming?......as I said....Expertool does this ok........and when fan is at 50% speed the temp only rises to 58!!.....

The only thing I hate about Expertool is its long 'startup' which slows loading of the OS on first boot!

Not so 'stupid' really? :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 08:12 AM
Yes it is... You are killing your cards lifespan substantially by increasing the core volts and timings on the ram. Its stupid, if your card can't OC with stock bios then thats what your card can only achieve, by flashing it you are pushing it further then it can go normally. In short your card is being stressed more then it would with a normal bios OC...

saturnotaku
03-29-05, 08:35 AM
Not so 'stupid' really? :rolleyes:

Yes...............very stupid.................there..............are..... ........dozens...........of people.....................on this board..................who have killed.....................their.................. .cards......................doing exactly..................what..................... ...............you................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...................did. :rolleyes:

Scaramonga
03-29-05, 08:42 AM
Then.............................................. ...........................................they... ...........................are.................... .....................the.......................... .................unlucky.......................... ........ones...................................... then!..................................... :)

wickfut
03-29-05, 08:55 AM
can you really notice the o/c with the cpu you have ?

rohit
03-29-05, 09:12 AM
Athlon-XP M and Pentium M perform way better than their current desktop counterparts. Pentium M performs as good as teh AMD 4000+ in most cases, even better in certain. athlon Xp M too.

As for the software, try speedfan or sumthin. i think expertool is is the only option u have!

Scaramonga
03-29-05, 09:18 AM
can you really notice the o/c with the cpu you have

6128 3DMark05 aint bad for a Mobile CPU........ :D ;)

Beat that on a similar setup......... :D

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 01:02 PM
I think your FOS but eh you could have cheated using null cheat...

JoKeRr
03-29-05, 01:15 PM
I think your FOS but eh you could have cheated using null cheat...

just go away and come back when your gt is dead.

Scaramonga
03-29-05, 01:44 PM
I think your FOS but eh you could have cheated using null cheat..

And why would I do that?..........what the hell is a 'null' cheat anyway??

You may think I'm full of whatever you want!! :) .........water off my back :rolleyes:

All I asked for was advice?........all I got was moans and groans and smart a$$ comments!.......

I expected better from here....seems not! :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 01:50 PM
just go away and come back when your gt is dead.

Why would my GT die? I never volt modded it...

ViN86
03-29-05, 01:59 PM
yea, athlonXP 3200 speeds can do some incredible things. athlonXP-m cpu's can OC even more. also, the 3200 indicates its comparable to a pentium 3.2ghz, even though ppl debate how true that is.

as for the card, if he wants to volt mod it and what not, i say let him. im sure hes aware of the risks and what not. i would just tell him how to turn the fan speed down. save the "i told you so" 's for another thread.

Scaramonga
03-29-05, 03:49 PM
yea, athlonXP 3200 speeds can do some incredible things. athlonXP-m cpu's can OC even more. also, the 3200 indicates its comparable to a pentium 3.2ghz, even though ppl debate how true that is.

as for the card, if he wants to volt mod it and what not, i say let him. im sure hes aware of the risks and what not. i would just tell him how to turn the fan speed down. save the "i told you so" 's for another thread.

Thank you!.......someone with a decent reply at last... :)

(maybe a touch of jealousy is creeping in m8?.....coz our XP-M's are whipping the 64's...... :D :rolleyes: )

rohit
03-30-05, 03:02 AM

(maybe a touch of jealousy is creeping in m8?.....coz our XP-M's are whipping the 64's...... :D :rolleyes: )
Wot abt me, even i supported you. read mi earlier posts. lol. :p

Now did you try SpeedFan 4.19?

sandeep
03-30-05, 03:50 AM

I have bought a Leadtek 6800GT AGP...was wondering if I could flash my card to that of your BIOS...yours seem to overclock well...how can I acquire it?

I'd be grateful.

Thanks Mate

jaws
03-30-05, 05:44 AM
Strange , my highest oc with 1.3 or 1.4 volts on the ram is 1.08 according to auto-detect... and like 418 on the core.. Bad overclocker? My psu is fine (enermax noisetaker 485)

Scaramonga
03-30-05, 06:06 AM
Wot abt me, even i supported you. read mi earlier posts. lol.

Yes you did my friend...lol........ :D :p ..........much apologies! :)

I have bought a Leadtek 6800GT AGP...was wondering if I could flash my card to that of your BIOS...yours seem to overclock well...how can I acquire it?

Yes you can m8! :D ............check PM!

Strange , my highest oc with 1.3 or 1.4 volts on the ram is 1.08 according to auto-detect... and like 418 on the core.. Bad overclocker? My psu is fine (enermax noisetaker 485)

Never use 'AUTO'!!!...........check 'Manual'...........and 'detect optimal frequencies'........on your 3D settings....... :)

saturnotaku
03-30-05, 06:11 AM

Your..........................2500+............... ......overclock.................is a lightweight-----------------------------compared^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^to a lot @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@of people%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%who have&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mobile)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))Barton##################################### ######CPU. There((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((is no ================================whipping|||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||going on here.

Scaramonga
03-30-05, 06:13 AM
Your..........................2500+............... ......overclock.................is a lightweight-----------------------------compared^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^to a lot @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@of people%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%who have&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mobile)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))Barton##################################### ######CPU. There((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((is no ================================whipping|||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||going on here.

This guy has probs! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marcos
03-30-05, 06:48 AM
even i think this thread is lame. and thats saying alot

Scaramonga
03-30-05, 06:59 AM
even i think this thread is lame. and thats saying alot

Stay away from it then? :D

Yup!

sam375
03-30-05, 07:42 AM
Stay away from it then? :D

Yup!

LMAO, I love this thread.

Scar it would be much better for you to upgrade your cooling instead of increasing the voltage. With better cooling you could hit 425 easy, lower temps and actually increase the cards lifespan. Just to let you know, I actually read the voltage with a voltmeter, when you set the voltage to 1.4v in the BIOS it actually hits your card with voltages as high as 1.44v. I have found a pencil mod that Im going to experiment with so I can work with a core voltage of about 1.37v-1.38v which should be just right. All I can say is these people here know their stuff, It would be very wise for you to follow their advice.

If you still think im full of crap, I can tell you 450+ is possible with stock voltages and good cooling. So maybe your 425 oc isnt that good after all.

ChrisRay
03-30-05, 07:57 AM
A Barton mobile.. isnt that just a cherry picked barton? Anyway, Whats so impressive about a 2500+ Barton @ 3200+ speeds. I think 95% of them do that.

I assure you. Very few enthusiasts here are jealous of your computer.