PDA

View Full Version : Laser Sights

Vanzagar
03-29-05, 02:02 PM
Any idea whether Valve will add laser sights to the guns as a buy option or has this been tried already. Realisticly I would think most all counter terrorism weapons would be equiped with a laser sight even the pistols, so why not throw it into the game. Was thinking it would be cool to see these red laser beams flickering in a cloud of smoke, or seeing your bud beside you have a red dot appearing on his head... I dunno just a thought...

Vanz

|MaguS|
03-29-05, 02:04 PM
nope, will never happen... You could download a model and replace the old one with it but only you would see that model and it wont have no effect in the game at all, just look pretty...

jbirney
03-29-05, 03:56 PM
Should be easy to make a mod to do something like that (adding laseer sites to the weapons of HL DM).

jolle
03-29-05, 06:46 PM
Think there is a anti cheat thing that wont allow weapons to be larger then the original versions (or the hitboxes perhaps).
So that you wont use very long barrels that reveals enemies locations prematurely..
Dunno if that is active in HL2 SP or DM.. but I think it is in CS:S (was in old CS)
So you couldnt attatch a "laser beam" to the model, might be solvable in other ways tho..