PDA

View Full Version : xbox 2, Ps3 or Revolution, which one will you be getting?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr_LoL
03-29-05, 07:00 PM
Hi i just wanted to gauge everyones preference to the next gen consoles. i know its very early days.

Mr. Hunt
03-29-05, 07:07 PM
Probably anything but the "Revolution"... I am getting really tired of Nintendo and until they get their **** together I will not be buying their stuff.

Mr_LoL
03-29-05, 07:09 PM
I have just added a poll. i voted xbox 2 :D The only thing i really like on the playstation Grand turismo.

Bad_Boy
03-29-05, 07:16 PM
too early to tell as of now, but i cant stop thinking of how great that ps3 will be :D

Vash
03-29-05, 07:17 PM
I'm going to be getting a PS3. My wife will probablly want the Nintendo console, but I have no desire for the Xbox 2. I have an Xbox and it's quite nice, but I find that there is less and less room for entertainment purchases in my budget and I'm not going to be able to own all 3 major consoles again.

jAkUp
03-29-05, 07:18 PM
All rumors indicate that the PS3 will be better hardware wise. And whichever one has the better hardware (both are gonna have great games) is the console I will get.

Mr_LoL
03-29-05, 07:18 PM
too early to tell as of now, but i cant stop thinking of how great that ps3 will be :D

Its great being a fanboy innit? :D I am Bill Gate's foot stool :D

OWA
03-29-05, 08:28 PM
I voted PS3 but I'm not really sure just yet.

circuitbreaker8
03-29-05, 09:21 PM
All rumors indicate that the PS3 will be better hardware wise. And whichever one has the better hardware (both are gonna have great games) is the console I will get.

YEah, cuz we all know hardware is what makes a console :rolleyes:

SH64
03-29-05, 09:26 PM
Possibly PS3 , but most likely i'll stay with "PC only" policy unless the next gen consoles shows some true potential over the PC the time they get released .

nutcrackr
03-29-05, 09:37 PM
I'll be looking mostly at the game lineup. I don't think there will be an easy way to see which system performs better until you see the same game compared on two systems.

However I don't think I'll be in for a surprise from the games, if xbox is backwards compatible because they don't have a good lineup then they are out of the equation. If they launch with Halo 2.5 and no backwards compat then again no dice. I also seriously doubt that PS3 will wow me with a launch game. Perhaps Rockstar have something up their sleeves though.

Zelda_fan
03-29-05, 10:15 PM
as usual who cares about hardware it's all about the games. The PS3 will most likely have the best hardware, but I'm going to end up getting the Revolution anyway beacause I like Nintendo's games better.

jAkUp
03-29-05, 10:16 PM
YEah, cuz we all know hardware is what makes a console :rolleyes:

What makes a console then? We both know they are gonna have great games. Most games are gonna be designed for the both of them, except exclusives, both Sony and Microsoft have great exclusives... so exactly, what makes a console good?

saturnotaku
03-29-05, 10:19 PM
I have no interest in either the PS3 or Revolution, and PC gaming is probably going to get stale again so that really leaves only one choice. Dead or Alive 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2 anyone?

toxikneedle
03-29-05, 10:52 PM
I don't know why but I really, really, really don't like consoles. I'm like a PC fanboy where I can't be bothered with consoles. It just died for me after dreamcast when I really got into PC gaming. If not for consoles, all those "console exclusive" games would be out on PC and would look and play ten times better.

MustangSVT
03-29-05, 11:14 PM
I have no interest in Nintendo's new console whatsoever. If you'll be able to mod Xbox2 the way you can do it with Xbox and they'll have exclusives like Ninja Gaiden, Gotham, Halo etc. (+new exclusive franchises), then I might get an Xbox2 in winter 2006, just maybe. Also will depend on my financial situation. I plan to upgrade my system completely around late 2006 too so.

saturnotaku
03-29-05, 11:17 PM
would look and play ten times better.

And be 10x buggier with companies continuing to release beta software as a final product. This is what I like about console gaming - you put the disc in and play the damn game without having to worry about if there will be rendering errors, crashes and other bugs. Obviously there are exceptions for some console games that are poorly coded but those are few and far between, especially on the exclusives.

MustangSVT
03-30-05, 01:37 AM
You must either be really unlucky or something, because I hardly ever have a problem. And if I do have a problem, 99% of the time, I will know exactly what the problem is and what I have to do to fix it, like change video drivers (only takes me 5 minutes) and done..

And you're partially wrong, there are problems with console games, mainly the fact that there are NO updates. So things like bugs that are there, and there ARE bugs there, console games are not bugs free (I have like 30 games on Xbox myself), and there's absolutely nothing you can do about them. I won't even get into the whole online thing. Let me just say 1 thing. There's not ONE game on my Xbox that matches the experience of playing Battlefield / CoD / UT2004 / CS S etc. online with my clan. No, not even Halo 2 (which nevertheless is a very good game).

What is better about my Xbox is that it's better at playing games with friends than is playing through LAN on my 2 PC's.

circuitbreaker8
03-30-05, 01:53 AM
I have no interest in either the PS3 or Revolution, and PC gaming is probably going to get stale again so that really leaves only one choice. Dead or Alive 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2 anyone?

Halo 3...'nuff said :p

I agree, although i'll be getting both! (PS3+XB2...not Revo )

sytaylor
03-30-05, 05:55 AM
I usually end up owning 2/3rds of the consoles out per generation, I have a feeling this will be no exception, not sure which consoles yet though.

msxyz
03-30-05, 07:13 AM
For me the age of consoles stopped with the classic 16 bit systems.

Back in those times owning a console AND a computer made some sense because the game types were very different between platforms.

Mr_LoL
03-30-05, 07:47 AM
as usual who cares about hardware it's all about the games. The PS3 will most likely have the best hardware, but I'm going to end up getting the Revolution anyway beacause I like Nintendo's games better.
Eh yes you must be looking forward to donkey konga 3 and those bongo drums. :D

|MaguS|
03-30-05, 08:46 AM
I'll get all 3 but PS3 is what Im looking foward to the most... Sony has the best games IMO. I can't wait to see what God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, Gran Turismo, Socom, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy will look on it... I don't think theres many Exclusive titles on the Xbox that im dying to see in the nextgen, Halo 2 was such a disappointment for me...

I will get the Revolution but not till either Zelda is announced, thats mainly what im waiting for... if the rumors of a touchpad controller for it are true, I dout I will be buying the system then...

DJMONDY
03-30-05, 09:53 AM
I'll probably end up with all of them as time goes by like i did with the ps2,xbox and cube but that was over a period of a few years.

Ps3 will be the one to go for first i think.

I bought the ps2 as i love fighting games like tekken and soul calibur so i will be very interested to see what the ps3 does with them :)

I recon all 3 consoles will be awsome even the nintendo revolution. They do have some odd ideas but i think they are very cool company.

Its a pitty SEGA arnt in the war of the machines anymore. :cry:

saturnotaku
03-30-05, 10:10 AM
You must either be really unlucky or something, because I hardly ever have a problem. And if I do have a problem, 99% of the time, I will know exactly what the problem is and what I have to do to fix it, like change video drivers (only takes me 5 minutes) and done.

I never said I am having problems, but reading through these forums is a microcosm of the utterly sad state of games released for the PC. Most of the trouble is endemic to titles that are released with other console ports, but games like Far Cry and Half-Life 2 had more than their fair share of problems that took more time than should have been necessary to fix.

And you're partially wrong, there are problems with console games, mainly the fact that there are NO updates. So things like bugs that are there, and there ARE bugs there, console games are not bugs free (I have like 30 games on Xbox myself), and there's absolutely nothing you can do about them.

Again, I never said all console games are bug free. However, having played and seen people play games on all three current consoles, as well as the GBA and DS, I have only seen one console game have a showstopping problem. And I think that was more due to bad hardware than something with the game itself.

You're absolutely correct in that what you see is what you get in a console game, but that still is no excuse for the fact that support for problems in PC titles is sorely lacking. There will be games that have issues that will never get fixed so it's really no different than having it on a console.