PDA

View Full Version : I have Found a "Fix" for Freeze with 76.41

JimBobb
03-30-05, 03:19 PM
I have a fixed found for the 76,41 Forceware with the computer in and to switch off Freeze. One must under MULTI GPU SLI mode - SINGLE GPU RENDERING (and not Automatic or other SLI Mode!) before one the computer off switches click!
This will help and the Computer will not more freeze.

Sorry for my bad english. ;)

Peoples-Agent
03-30-05, 03:39 PM
Sounds promising!

newls1
03-30-05, 08:17 PM
I have a fixed found for the 76,41 Forceware with the computer in and to switch off Freeze. One must under MULTI GPU SLI mode - SINGLE GPU RENDERING (and not Automatic or other SLI Mode!) before one the computer off switches click!
This will help and the Computer will not more freeze.

Sorry for my bad english. ;)
OK, with that being said, does this mean that games will only use a "SINGLE" graphics card then?

superklye
03-30-05, 08:28 PM
OK, with that being said, does this mean that games will only use a "SINGLE" graphics card then?
I don't have SLi and therefore don't know as much as those that do...but doesn't SLi in itself imply multiple GPUs?

saturnotaku
03-30-05, 08:35 PM
SLI is always forced through the game profile .exe. It doesn't matter what the driver says.

JimBobb
03-31-05, 10:11 AM

One can select in the driver then the SLI modes this will work! Man must only before the computer switches off again to SINGLE CARD to set

saturnotaku
03-31-05, 10:43 AM
One can select in the driver then the SLI modes this will work! Man must only before the computer switches off again to SINGLE CARD to set

Now can someone translate this into English please?

Red_Shift
03-31-05, 12:34 PM
Hey Jim, what language/s do you speak? If someone knows any language you know then he/she could translate that into good english, cause I'm not understanding what you're saying either.
It looks like you wrote that in your own language and them made a google translation or somethin. :D

-=DVS=-
03-31-05, 12:45 PM
I think he is trying to say to select Single (GPU) before you turn of your computer , to prevent freeze ? :p
I didn't try 76.41 but when do they freeze ?

radial
03-31-05, 01:01 PM
Man this guy just owns the crap out of Yoda, no offense dude!

EekTheKat
03-31-05, 01:01 PM
I didn't try 76.41 but when do they freeze ?

They freeze after the first shutdown and restart after rebooting on a 6800gt/ultra series SLI computer.

Jim's post does make sense in a way, though I'm not sure if it's worth the headache of dealing with it when the 71.84 set seems to be working fairly well still (outside of that widescreen SLI-DVI issue).

JimBobb
03-31-05, 01:17 PM
Now can someone translate this into English please?

Sorry im using the Babelfish Translator :D

JimBobb
03-31-05, 01:18 PM
I think he is trying to say to select Single (GPU) before you turn of your computer , to prevent freeze ??

Exactly!

PSYCHODAD
03-31-05, 02:53 PM
On a whim, I decided to reinstall the 76.41(xg ver. this time) and so far I have'nt noticed any of the problems I encountered previously. I'll reserve judgement and try them a couple of days and see how it goes.

Single gpu rendering was setup by default in the control panel btw.

Red_Shift
03-31-05, 04:10 PM
Maybe the XG guys noticed the problem too and solved it, what Jim said it's needed to do is already done on the xg version.