PDA

View Full Version : 41.09 - Serious Refresh Problem

uncle rich
12-07-02, 12:30 PM
Just tried the new XP drivers. The performance is better, however, Open GL refresh rates default to 60Hz even after running Refresh force and NVRefresh 2.

I tried uninstalling and then reistalling 40.72... it's still screwed.

Why can't Nvidia create an OpenGL override too? Most of the good games worth playing are GL anyway!

I'm thinking that the new drivers must be storing refresh values in a new registry location that overrides the way the previous drivers did.

Anyway, this sucks... I've got too much crap to do an overhaul now. Anybody know which Registry Keys I can delete without fragging the whole system?

Do any of the leaked Betas have an OpenGL override built in?

Thanks

saturnotaku
12-07-02, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by uncle rich
Anyway, this sucks... I've got too much crap to do an overhaul now. Anybody know which Registry Keys I can delete without fragging the whole system?

Did you uninstall the 41.09's before trying to install a different set? Did you use the program Refresh Force to set your refresh rates with these new drivers (as it's the only program that is known to work with this set)?

Do any of the leaked Betas have an OpenGL override built in?

Not yet, and I'm not guessing there will be for a while. Just use Refresh Force - the how-to and other information is in one of the sticky threads in this forum.

Neova
12-08-02, 12:15 AM
I've had zero problems with refresh rates in 41.09 in XP (ok, so I can't force 75 Hz at 2048x1536x32bit) but Refresh Force works wonderfully in both 2D, D3D and OGL.

I suggest you boot into safe mode, uninstall your drivers, reboot back into XP normally and then update your drivers through device manager.

Reboot again and run refresh force. It should work. I normally just "upgrade drivers" through device manager, reboot and run refresh force.

uncle rich
12-08-02, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

As another pathetic development... my Geforce 3 just burned out... some IC control chip on the back flamed. Offbrand crap... no warranty.

I was gonna get an FX when it came out, but I think I'm gonna go for a Radeon 9700 pro.

Crap... 300 bucks I didn't need to spend.

saturnotaku
12-08-02, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by uncle rich
Crap... 300 bucks I didn't need to spend.

Why? Get yourself a Ti4200 for ~$115 to use in the interim until the GFFX comes out, then sell the Ti4200. Most Ti4200 cards can overclock to at least Ti4400 speeds, if not higher. :)

demonized
12-08-02, 07:37 PM
Rivatuner's refresh rate fix doesnt work on this drivers:( ive installed alot of versions of detonator drivers and this is the first time rivatuner didnt work:(

wumpie
12-08-02, 11:11 PM