PDA

View Full Version : Where is the EEPROM chip for Inno3D 6800?

skinned
04-01-05, 07:59 AM
I tried everything in nvflash and wfflash but it just won't update bios. I think the EEPROM is broke. Where is the EEPROM chip for the Inno3D 6800 128MB card located? I'm trying to solder replace it with a compatible one listed from nvflash. And a 64KB chip will do just fine, right? Since 6800 BIOSes are 62KB, and I assume my broke EEPROM is only 64KB because it dumps 64KB of garbage EEPROM data from wfflash.

Some sample pics here:

'Naked'
http://pics.computerbase.de/artikel/378/1.jpg

Or could it be inside one of these black cubes?
http://www.pcpop.com/pcpopimg/04/7/19-18-0-23-276931064.jpg

Thanks.

saturnotaku
04-01-05, 08:10 AM
Why are you trying to update your BIOS?

Mr_LoL
04-01-05, 08:29 AM
Because he thinks that it will give him benefits. I really dont know why people flash their bios. Just overclock the damn thing

skinned
04-01-05, 08:31 AM
I got this card off someone, I'm trying to update the BIOS because there's no screen upon boot up. I got a PCI plugged in, and when doing various things in nvflash, including trying to update the BIOS, most would say in the last line:

"ERROR: Supported EEPROM not found"
Also won't show is the board ID, which this sort of stuff is all stored in the EEPROM I guess.

It detects the GPU OK, as it does say it's a GeForce 6800. So it's just the EEPROM problem that's what I think, therefore corrupting the BIOS, board ID and probably other things.

If someone can give me a definitive answer of 'what's going on' I think they're amazing lol.

shrek2 - oh gosh, no, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

rohit
04-01-05, 11:24 AM
Are u sure its broken?
Did u try anything else to flash the BIOS?
(Can you boot into windows?)
If yes, Try any windows based flashing BIOS programs. i donno many, but theres this one. Winfox 2. download from leadtek website, nothing will work, only the BIOS flashing utility will work. u can flash the BIOS frm windowws then.
If you are 100% sure the card's eeprom is broken, y dont you RMA.?

skinned
04-01-05, 03:30 PM
I d/led that Winfox 2, and that wfflash.exe crashed as soon as when trying to run it in my WinXP, funnily enough all the other wf.....exe applications in this Winfox 2 package worked for me, but they were useless programs. I tried the DOS version of wfflash though, but had no luck with it.

Yes I am sure the card is broke.

I can't RMA because I bought the card second-hand.

rohit
04-02-05, 05:39 AM
Strange, yu r the 1st one to tell me that. anyways, onli a professional can help you with EEPROM thing. Try asking guyz on Guru3d forums. They sure must be knowing.

KAGA234
04-02-05, 07:35 AM
Hi skinned give me e-mail i send you screan :D

skinned
04-02-05, 07:53 AM
I sent you a PM KAGA. Thanks.

rohit thanks for reminding me about guru3d, I almost forgot about that place.