PDA

View Full Version : Driver messing up? (loading movie or game) 6800GT latest drivers

fade11
04-01-05, 10:51 AM
With the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site, if I have had my machine on for a while, and I click a xvid file, or maybe click to load a game, it sometimes just "crashes."

Let me describe what happens.

It goes into a very screwed up looking resolution, with scanlines, and is very zoomed in on the desktop. So zoomed in that Windows Task Manager doesn't all fit on the screen.

The physical resolution doesn't change though, because the mouse cursor is still the same size and detail.

I am using the digital output into a Dell 2001fp. Anyone know a fix? thanks in advance.

StoNer
04-01-05, 08:16 PM
Try drivers from like 65.xx up and if you have the same problem then try it in another computer. If it doesnt do it on the other computer id say its maybe your power supply. Or maybe you didnt plug the power into the card properly.

If it does this in another computer than id say the card is crap and needs to be RMA'd

HT_Flyer
04-02-05, 03:07 PM
Man, I'm having the exact same problem, don't know how to fix it though.

Lalander
04-02-05, 03:23 PM
I also have the same problem.
Happened to me twice so far.
Once with a XviD .avi using Media Player Classic 6.4.8.4, and the second time with a MPEG file and WMP 10.

HT_Flyer
04-02-05, 06:39 PM
So, is this a driver issue? Never happened to me before the new driver.

fade11
04-02-05, 08:06 PM
Hmmm yeah

I can make it happen every time now if i want, go into the folder i have a particular film in (with thumnail preview view on) and BAM, screen goes all weird.

Only started with this driver

blueline
04-03-05, 11:41 PM
Same thing w me...regardless of driver used. My solution was to turn off AA in driver and build a profile for each game i play...now all is well. Maybe someone else can figure out a better way...BTW, it only happened if a java app was running also, like limewire or a java aplet on a webpage like some speed test sites used. Diff vers of java didnt help either.

Jim

AgentHeX_0007
04-04-05, 01:30 AM
Same problem here, mainly when using windows media player 10 to play any film format.

some simple ways out of it without rebooting are...

1: ctrl+alt+delete, then using the cursor keys and tab find 'switch user' or 'log off user' once done log back on and the resolution will be back to normal.

or

2: right click open space on the desktop, then using the arrow keys and tab key find the nvidia settings and again using the arrow keys and tab switch resolutions or frequency (hz) in custom resolution part of the nvidia settings, apply the new settings then when it asks if you want to keep new settings select no, and the resolution will be back to normal.

hope nV fix this soon its a pain in the....... :mad:

AgentHeX_0007
04-05-05, 08:52 AM
BTW, it only happened if a java app was running also, like limewire or a java aplet on a webpage like some speed test sites used. Diff vers of java didnt help either.

Jim

I also noticed that if a java app is running (latest sun java) i cannot start Riddick :rolleyes:

fade11
04-16-05, 07:03 AM
71.89's seem to have fixed it.

fade11
04-17-05, 10:50 AM
Scratch that, still b0rked with latest drivers.

vX
04-18-05, 10:53 AM
I too have it, i'm using xtreme g's 66.77 drivers now and these work fine, those movie playing errors are gone. Its a driver bug, seems to have started about 5-7 driver sets ago and has since plagued each set. ( I've tried them all ) Nvidia made sure to replace the temp bug with a new movie playback bug ;)

EverGreen
04-18-05, 11:20 AM
Yep its a driver bug, u been all not alone, card pops and CRT does dito, de-installing older drivers and the problem seems be lost.
76.44 gave strange artifacts on my screen
71.84 hangs movies and in game animations
76.50 gives BSOD
72.01 worst since ages
Did they made it special to broke our cards or is it just a handful of stupidious bugs ?