PDA

View Full Version : TrackMania SunRise Demo!!!!

six_storm
04-01-05, 11:15 PM
Hey everyone, I just saw this on "Attack of the Show" and I have to say this is one of the most fun demos I've played in a long time. TrackMania is a way old game (I don't really remember it) and they remade it to release April 8th.

The demo is fricking awesome. The graphics are really great and so are the special effects. If you like ya some insane racing, check this one out.

www.trackmaniagame.com or http://www.trackmaniagame.com/index2.php?txtStyle=tmsr&txtShow=page&ref=tmsr_downloads

Hope you likes! :D

sirplayalot
04-01-05, 11:16 PM
Downloading :D

I also saw it on AOTS

Lots o' Mirrors! (http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?type=begins&file=tmsunrise&action=Find)

OWA
04-02-05, 12:07 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47491

Starts out discussing the trailer and then the demo later on in the thread.

Edit: But yeah, I agree. Great demo.

gw186
04-03-05, 07:49 PM
Pretty fun game. Some of the tracks had me laughing with all the air you get.

brady
04-16-05, 04:49 PM
guess im resurrecting a pretty old thread...ohwell.

so i tried the tms demo today and was totally impressed. ive been looking for some fun racers lately that have decent graphics and i was blown away. the gfx in tms are very very nice. some of the best ive ever seen in a racer. im stoked for this and flatout to be released this summer. woot.

brady
04-16-05, 04:50 PM
oh yeah...one question.

how the heck to i get to crazy mode. its greyed out. i have no less than a silver medal in all the events.

Subtestube
04-16-05, 06:05 PM
Yep - Crazy mode is disabled in the demo - you need to buy the full game if you want that. It should be out now - It's not where I live (New Zealand), but we always get things late.

brady
04-16-05, 09:11 PM
ive been playing with all settings on max. its stunning. there is an option called "force dynamic color". is this hdr? because the game looks like its using hdr imo.

hmm im gunna head over to tracks forums and see if i can find an answer.

jAkUp
04-18-05, 12:26 AM
Have you tried blur? It makes mine run like at 20fps..lol post processing effects in general put a big burden on my card

Subtestube
04-18-05, 01:12 AM
Generally wondering, has anyone else tried this game with a 6800 NU? I've got a bit of problem, and I wonder if it relates to the memory usage of the postprocessing (which I imagine requires masses of tex memory to be allocated for additional frame-buffers). When Post effects are turned off, I can run the game totally smoothly at 1280x960 4xAA 8xAF, however when Post is on the game will just crash at this setting. At 1280x960 2xAA with Post on, it'll sometimes work and sometimes crash, and at 1152x864 2xAA it does fine. The thing that irritates me is that performance is still great at 1280x960 2xAA with Post, but I can't deal with the game crashing whenever I load certain tracks. So.. is this a 6800 NU problem? Or is there something else in my system faulting up (I'm a little suspect of my bad PSU, but I've never had any other problems with it, even though it is woefully inadequate. I also can't think why it would cause this of all problems.)