PDA

View Full Version : Driv3r Demo! (yea it *still* sucks...)

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
04-02-05, 06:50 PM
Finally the demo is out .

Atari Korea has recently released a playable demo for DRIV3R, offering a chance to try out the new action racing sequel by Reflections Interactive. This humongous demo supports English and no fewer than seven international languages, and contains the "Booby Trap" mission set in Nice as well as the "Tanner Escapes" mission situated in Istandul, complete with extensive cutscenes.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/driver3/downloads/

the demo is a whooping 700MB . thats 3 days of downloading for me :(

subbo
04-02-05, 07:00 PM
I hope its the patched version, people will be mighty pissed downloading 700MB of buggy garbage.. not to mention actually buying it.

jAkUp
04-02-05, 07:00 PM
700mbs! Holy crap... well at least its out..

fivefeet8
04-02-05, 07:37 PM
If it's anything like the retail game, I wouldn't waste my bandwidth. ;)

aaahhh52
04-02-05, 10:17 PM
If it's anything like the retail game, I wouldn't waste my bandwidth. ;)
I must say this game does suck

OWA
04-02-05, 10:56 PM
I didn't listen and downloaded it anyway. What a mistake.

aaahhh52
04-02-05, 11:03 PM
I didn't listen and downloaded it anyway. What a mistake.
*edit*nm :angel:

circuitbreaker8
04-02-05, 11:20 PM
Who cares...the game is TERRIBLE

jAkUp
04-03-05, 12:36 AM
Well I guess I will see for myself... hard to see how they ruined the driver series... downloading now...

six_storm
04-03-05, 12:42 AM
Driv3r for the PS2 was a nightmare. I would never consider buying it for the PC.

rewt
04-03-05, 03:10 AM
I thought they were doing an overhaul for the PC version? Everyone says the game stinks, but noone really says why. What is so bad about it?

aaahhh52
04-03-05, 04:37 AM
I thought they were doing an overhaul for the PC version? Everyone says the game stinks, but noone really says why. What is so bad about it?
Well imo driver 1 looked better lol. I dunno just sucks, sloppy controls, clipping, graphical glitches, pop ups all over.

fivefeet8
04-03-05, 06:13 AM

If they call that an overhaul, I wouldn't want to see what they call a direct port. Sheesh.

Graphically: The game has some nice areas with good graphics. But it also has some areas which looks like Dx7. The shadows are nice, but are pretty much static. There are some nice shaders effects and a little HDR used on the sky. But then the insane amount of pop-up ruins it.

Controls: The main character feels sluggish and slow. Default controls are hideous. Vehicle control and stability is so mind numbingly infuriating. It's so bad that simple situations(turning a corner) becomes a nightmare to deal with.

Gameplay: No free roaming like the GTA games. So you're stuck to mission by mission scenarios. There are other modes of play, but they have nothing to do with the main storyline. Mostly driving around town with no objective.

Music: I didn't hear much. Although it could be because I was cursing so much from trying to chase the bad guys with cars that felt like I was driving on ice all the time.

Game Bugs: Objects dissapper in and out of site. Far away buildings have strange texture bugs. Some textures are pure white.

Delbert
04-03-05, 07:20 AM
Is it really that bad? I enjoyed the original 'Driver'.
Will download in Background whilst taking on DOOM3 again.

Delbert
04-03-05, 10:35 AM
sorry to say but you were right.... what a totally crap game...

jolle
04-03-05, 10:51 AM
must have been HARD work to make it look this bad..
My brother just played the demo, was watching a bit, also heard alot of upset yelling from his room then and then..

Apparantly, in his opinion, this is total garbage..

subbo
04-03-05, 07:14 PM
Yea and I tried to like the game, I played the PS2 mission mode all the way to Istanbul until one chase mission just made me scream with anger. I also put in the ammo and weapon cheats so I could do stunts and have fun in the free ride mode, which was pretty good for a few minutes at a time until the game eventually locks up on the ps2!

The PC version is even missing half of the graphical effects of the xbox version like bullet holes and specular lighting on the asphalt etc. My 6800GT cant pull the same effects as the souped up GF3!

jAkUp
04-04-05, 02:45 AM
I didn't believe that they could make this suck but they actually did. I downloaded all 700mbs of the demo. What a terrible game. So buggy, and graphics are terrible :(

SH64
04-04-05, 04:24 AM
Dang thats discoureging . i think i'll skip it then , or download a little everyday rather than letting my PC ON for continous hours.

ok & what about teh SM3.0 support for Driv3r :confused:

fivefeet8
04-04-05, 12:57 PM
ok & what about teh SM3.0 support for Driv3r :confused:

It was mostly tacked on to an already horrid game. I didn't see anything that needed SM3.

jolle
04-04-05, 01:01 PM
lol its supposed to have SM3.0 support?
Well maybe it has, just totally lacks shadercode to run in SM3.0..

SH64
04-04-05, 03:11 PM
lol its supposed to have SM3.0 support?
Well maybe it has, just totally lacks shadercode to run in SM3.0..

lol ! this is sad :|

Serrasalmus
04-04-05, 10:39 PM
sucks monkey balls....plan and simple

brady
04-20-05, 08:08 AM
ive been downloading lots of demos lately and thought id give this a try. wow! i think this is the ugliest game ive ever had displayed on my screen. not only that but the controls were terrible.

delteeted!

SH64
04-20-05, 03:33 PM
Add to that .. that everytime you start the demo .. the settings return back to defaults :rolleyes: