PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Athlon64 mobo/CPU and 6800gt

Edge
04-02-05, 09:20 PM
As the title says, I'm looking for any variety of Athlon 64 motherboards and CPUs. My only requirements for the motherboard are that it supports dual-channel memory and IDE RAID0/1, it can have either an AGP or PCI-E slot. I would *prefer* socket 939, but I'm also willing to take socket 754 if the price is right. An Nforce board would be best, however I'll take any offers you have. For the CPU, I'd prefer a Winchester core, but as with the motherboard I'm open to pretty much anything. And in addition, if anyone has a 6800gt they'd be willing to sell for moderately cheap, I'd be interested in that as well.

Since I'm upgrading, some of the components from my old system might be availible, including the Shuttle AK31 (kt266a mobo) and XP2000 CPU. Also if the new motherboard is PCI-E, my AGP 6600gt will be up for grabs. Oh, and I also have a bunch of slightly older PC games I'd be willing to trade as well, if you're interested let me know.

Feel free to PM me any offers, I'm interested in pretty much anything right now. My Heatware is Solis, and my Ebay ID is Solisor (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=solisor&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS) (not much in either, but at least it's all positive). Thanks.

fldrice
04-04-05, 04:20 PM
All skt754 CPUs are single channel as the mem controller is located on the cpu die. However, I have a NIB fresh from RMA ASUS K8V SE deluxe, an OEM A64 3200+ NC, and a Gainward 6800nu 256mb up for grabs. I'll let it all go for ~$470 shipped. PM me if you are interested.

DiscipleDOC
04-04-05, 05:18 PM
Here's a 6800GT for ya! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47292) :D

jcniest5
04-04-05, 05:51 PM
I have a combo, Chaintech VN4 Ultra 939 PCI-E with an EVGA 6600GT for a special deal if you want them. I don't have a CPU for them, though, as the CPU is on my Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and I'm using it now. This combo was only bought as an insurance while I was treaking my main system just so that I can have a system to fallback on if there is anything not working properly. This combo has never been used for more than a week (just on and off during my trial experimentation with my main system).

PM or let me know if you are interested in this combo. I think a fair price will be $250.00 for both plus shipping. Is anyone else interested? Do let me know!

Edge
04-04-05, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the offers, everyone. Lets see, right now the main ones that catch my eye are Jcniest5's mobo/6600gt and DiscipleDOC's 6800gt (I'm surprised you didn't sell that one yet, although I'm still not sure if I want to spend that much on a videocard).

And thanks for clearing up that memory channel thing up fldrice. So are pretty much all 939 mobos dual-channel, or are there a few strays that only support single-channel? And btw, how much would you be willing to sell the mobo and CPU for without the videocard?

I'm still open to offers though, so keep them coming!

fldrice
04-04-05, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the offers, everyone. Lets see, right now the main ones that catch my eye are Jcniest5's mobo/6600gt and DiscipleDOC's 6800gt (I'm surprised you didn't sell that one yet, although I'm still not sure if I want to spend that much on a videocard).

And thanks for clearing up that memory channel thing up fldrice. So are pretty much all 939 mobos dual-channel, or are there a few strays that only support single-channel? And btw, how much would you be willing to sell the mobo and CPU for without the videocard?

I'm still open to offers though, so keep them coming!
All skt 939s are dual channel! If you don't want the vid card, I'll let the cpu and mobo combo go for $215 . I'll even through in a TT Venus 7+. If you want pics PM me.

jake_maveric_05
04-04-05, 10:24 PM
Whats the price on the video card?the 6600gt agp? will you take a down payment and monthly payments. :D

zoomy942
04-04-05, 10:31 PM
do you happen to need ram?

jcniest5
04-05-05, 05:48 AM
Whats the price on the video card?the 6600gt agp? will you take a down payment and monthly payments. :D

Are you asking me or someone else? If it's me, no, the 6600GT is PCI-E, not AGP. And no, I do not take DP. However, if you want both items, I will take PD, understanding that I won't ship the items until final/full payment is made. Sure, let's deal!

Edge
04-05-05, 01:16 PM
jake_maveric: If I sell the 6600gt, it would probably be for around $180, and it would include the full retail package. If you're interested I'll keep you updated. Would you be selling your current ti4200 if you'd upgrade?

Zoomy: not in particular, but more ram can never hurt ;) . Let me know what you have and I'll let you know if I'm interesed.

Jcniest: sent you a PM :)

jake_maveric_05
04-05-05, 05:42 PM
Yes,if i upgrade, my Ti 4200 will go up for sale. Its a good card for its age. My dad used it before he built his and gave me this one. the card is only about 2-3 years old. mostly i play games on low setups so i dont over-run it. Its not overclocked and its score on 3Dmark03 was 1408. Great little card its never let me down. It played FarCry on medium settings and jerke every now and then. After i update the video card ill get some more RAM, a new monitor, and maybe a new prosessor.

jcniest5
04-05-05, 06:56 PM
Edge, you've got PM!