PDA

View Full Version : I cant belive the Driver selection!

newls1
04-02-05, 09:27 PM
I have this FX55 computer, SLI 6800U's, And I can't get a "performance" driver that wont lockup windows, and NOT have that "temp" bug in it. SOMEONE PLEASE make a good driver SOON..... I hate the 71.84 driver :mad:

ssj4goku887
04-02-05, 11:09 PM
Then you will have to turn to the 6x series like the 67.66b which will give u some nice performance and yes they do support sli. You want find another driver that will perf well in sli and not have the temp bug accept the 76.41 but you dont like them either.

Toss3
04-03-05, 09:29 AM
Why don't you like the 76.41's? :confused:

JRd1st
04-03-05, 09:42 AM
I have this FX55 computer, SLI 6800U's, And I can't get a "performance" driver that wont lockup windows, and NOT have that "temp" bug in it. SOMEONE PLEASE make a good driver SOON..... I hate the 71.84 driver :mad:
Did you try the 66.93's? They were really nice for my SLi when I first got it. I had a weird problem where the ambient and GPU temps were reversed, but that was the only problem with them.

Also, no one else "makes" Forceware drivers but NVIDIA, so maybe you should complain to them.
This is their forum. (http://forums.nvidia.com/)

newls1
04-03-05, 12:46 PM
Then you will have to turn to the 6x series like the 67.66b which will give u some nice performance and yes they do support sli. You want find another driver that will perf well in sli and not have the temp bug accept the 76.41 but you dont like them either.

DUDE, these drivers lockup windows for me, I must have posted this 100 times. Yes, they are a FAST driver, but not good for my SLI 6800U's....

newls1
04-03-05, 12:48 PM
Did you try the 66.93's? They were really nice for my SLi when I first got it. I had a weird problem where the ambient and GPU temps were reversed, but that was the only problem with them.

Also, no one else "makes" Forceware drivers but NVIDIA, so maybe you should complain to them.
This is their forum. (http://forums.nvidia.com/)

Im not complaining, i'm just making a statement based on my observation. I belive your drivers are TOP NOTCH, but I justed wished that the 76.41 would work with my SLI setup....

Dr.Nick
04-03-05, 12:57 PM
So no drivers work well for u? If so I would start lookin that maybe its a hardware issue...maybe with psu?

Scaramonga
04-03-05, 01:15 PM
Why don't you like the 76.41's?

Dunno why he don't m8??

But they do ROCK!!

(not the XG rubbish.......the nVidia goodness:))

newls1
04-03-05, 01:19 PM
Dunno why he don't m8??

But they do ROCK!!

(not the XG rubbish.......the nVidia goodness:))

What does M8 mean?

Mudcrutch
04-03-05, 04:30 PM
m8 as in "buddy" for "friend."

short version of "mate" which isnt used in the US too often, but is in england and australia

Scaramonga
04-03-05, 04:41 PM
Yup...........

Coz the US have very little 'm8's'............:D;)

circuitbreaker8
04-03-05, 04:44 PM
Welcome to NV

retsam
04-03-05, 05:27 PM
this doesnt sound like a driver issue ...it sounds more like a hardware issue i would start there. it could be a heat related issue. sounds very much so

Sick Willie
04-03-05, 06:10 PM
this doesnt sound like a driver issue ...it sounds more like a hardware issue i would start there. it could be a heat related issue. sounds very much so
If you read the 76.41 thread, you'll see that SLI rigs w/ (2x) 6800 series cards are having lockup issues even while just idling on the desktop. Only driver set I have ever had this type of problem with. I don't believe it's a (malfunctioning) hardware issue.

newls1
04-03-05, 06:13 PM
If you read the 76.41 thread, you'll see that SLI rigs w/ (2x) 6800 series cards are having lockup issues even while just idling on the desktop. Only driver set I have ever had this type of problem with. I don't believe it's a (malfunctioning) hardware issue.

Thank you :rolleyes:

Sick Willie
04-03-05, 06:31 PM
Thank you :rolleyes:
This is what precipitated my reference in the other thread to your MSI board. The only thing in common between all the reported lockups is dual 6800 series cards. Of all the beta video drivers I have used over the years, this has been the only show-stopper for me. I just reloaded the 71.84s and will wait a few iterations before trying the next set of betas. Even the "temperature bug" is close to non-existent for me with the 71.84 drivers.

ChrisRay
04-03-05, 09:02 PM
The new drivers which cause lockups on 6800 Rigs are beta guys. I mean. It sucks and this is the first time I have experienced stability issues with beta drivers. But the 71.84 work pretty well and were released recently. So I just use them. Time is our friend :)

Sick Willie
04-03-05, 09:44 PM
The new drivers which cause lockups on 6800 Rigs are beta guys. I mean. It sucks and this is the first time I have experienced stability issues with beta drivers. But the 71.84 work pretty well and were released recently. So I just use them. Time is our friend :)
No doubt on both counts. :) Personally, I was just attesting to the belief that the beta drivers were the source of the lockups - not a defective piece of hardware. The 71.84s work well enough that I can't even remember why I tried the 76.41s anyway - probably because I can't leave well enough alone. :D

ssj4goku887
04-03-05, 11:25 PM
yeah but hes saying the 67.66 lockup his system also when ive never heard of this problem with other sli setups. :\ try the 66.93's

Sick Willie
04-03-05, 11:30 PM
yeah but hes saying the 67.66 lockup his system also when ive never heard of this problem with other sli setups. :\ try the 66.93's
Thus the reason I very narrowly fashioned my statement at to the 76.41s w/ dual 6800s in SLI mode. :) And, you're right, he should try the 66.93 driver set.

retsam
04-04-05, 06:35 AM
If you read the 76.41 thread, you'll see that SLI rigs w/ (2x) 6800 series cards are having lockup issues even while just idling on the desktop. Only driver set I have ever had this type of problem with. I don't believe it's a (malfunctioning) hardware issue. oh sorry i dont read every thread and ever post that goes on in this site.... gee stupid me. you know your right i should read threads on hardware that i dont even own. next time ill just keep my advice to myself. thanks for setting me straight.

newls1
04-04-05, 06:45 AM
I never said this driver causes lockup. I said I didn't try them yet...

JRd1st
04-04-05, 07:37 AM
Your comment to this:

Was this:

DUDE, these drivers lockup windows for me, I must have posted this 100 times. Yes, they are a FAST driver, but not good for my SLI 6800U's....

What were you referring to, then?

Also, try the 66.93's.

newls1
04-04-05, 08:08 AM
Your comment to this:

Was this:

What were you referring to, then?

Also, try the 66.93's.
I was talking about the 76.41's, not the 67.66b driver.

Sick Willie
04-04-05, 08:12 AM
oh sorry i dont read every thread and ever post that goes on in this site.... gee stupid me. you know your right i should read threads on hardware that i dont even own. next time ill just keep my advice to myself. thanks for setting me straight.
If you can find a way to take offense at what I said, you must be looking for it. You're more than welcome to become facetious and sarcastic if you choose, it will be largely lost on me. You made a statement, that I believed to be in error, concerning something that I had direct experience with, so I related my experience (the purpose of these forums, I believe). Incidentally, the thread I referred you to (the sticky at the top of the page) concerns the 76.41 drivers (forceware drivers - not hardware specific - the forum we are posting in, btw) that are also being discussed in this thread.