PDA

View Full Version : GTA too violent?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Toss3
04-03-05, 04:27 PM
Hello!

I know this is a well-talked about issue, but after I saw the 60minutes episode where they disscussed about it, and it really got me thinking.. They missed a huge point though; this isn't the only game series where you can shoot cops, just look at counter-strike, which has many times the player amount and your main objective is to kill ct's(if you're a Terrorist) or blow them up. In GTA you don't have to kill cops, but it is a fun past-time though..

That guy who killed those cops had been playing GTA and blamed it on the game :(

So what do you think is this game too violent? :confused:

GlowStick
04-03-05, 04:48 PM
Where is the "Its not violent enough" Option?

-=DVS=-
04-03-05, 05:02 PM
Guy killed some people he will blame it on anything to save his ass :rolleyes:

Sovereignxp
04-03-05, 05:11 PM
Hey dont forget Manhunt. :D

Slybri
04-03-05, 05:16 PM
It's not the violence that bothers me. It's the fact you're killing innocent people and cops. It's kinda fun at first but it gets old fast. There's no way little kids should be playing this game. And there are LOTS of little kids out there playing this game.
It's like that movie "Birth of a Nation." A huge breakthrough in the history of cinema storytelling technique, but it glorifies the Ku KLux KLan, which is just wrong.

And no, I don't think all these school shootings can be blamed on video games. Blame it on the modern education system and parents who don't have time for their kids.

Tyr-Sog
04-03-05, 05:21 PM
Hillary Rodupherass Clinton slams GTA (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58437)

Must be if she thinks so.

TheTaz
04-03-05, 05:25 PM
Where is the "Its not violent enough" Option?

Glowstick beat me to it. :D

The series needs a ton more gore!

Toss3
04-03-05, 05:27 PM
Guy killed some people he will blame it on anything to save his ass :rolleyes:

Yes, that's what you would think, right? But he actually did it GTA style, in the exact same way and he even said the same thing as the main character says in the game before he killed 'em.. and then when they caught him he said "Life is just like a video game; everybody has to die sometime" :-S That's just kindah freaky...

XP_GUN
04-03-05, 05:35 PM
God help us all if Hillary becomes president :eek2:

So what are they going to start blaming next, "O I saw a crack in the road and I killed 10 people with a rifle."

circuitbreaker8
04-03-05, 05:38 PM
I dont think its violent...although I do have a strong urge to become a wigger and go cap some cops

|MaguS|
04-03-05, 05:38 PM
I personally don't like the GTA series because its so focused on the killing and illegal activites. I mean if there was a real reason behind it, sure I don't mind violence but just to have it or allow someone to do it is not my thing...

Like my friend once said "If I want realism, I will go out and shoot someone..." I play games to escape reality and go into a fictitious world, not one that mimics the one im in.

circuitbreaker8
04-03-05, 05:39 PM
I personally don't like the GTA series because its so focused on the killing and illegal activites. I mean if there was a real reason behind it, sure I don't mind violence but just to have it or allow someone to do it is not my thing...

Like my friend once said "If I want realism, I will go out and shoot someone..." I play games to escape reality and go into a fictitious world, not one that mimics the one im in.

Your freind is a nutjob if he thinks that way.

XP_GUN
04-03-05, 05:41 PM
^^ Wow theres another resion why people make games look bad because of people like that. Its a form of entertanment.

|MaguS|
04-03-05, 05:42 PM
Well yeah he is but he has a point on that why create a virtual world that mimics the current one you live in? I mean do you really want to be a mass murder so bad that you need to have a simulation for it? Heck, I think your more of a "nutjob" if you play GTA just to run around killing things becuase you like the violence.

|MaguS|
04-03-05, 05:43 PM
^^ Wow theres another resion why people make games look bad because of people like that. Its a form of entertanment.

Yeah but un called for violence (or just obscene amount) shouldn't be considered entertainment, if you find it entertaining, then get your head checked.

Tyr-Sog
04-03-05, 05:54 PM
Here's a concept....

RESPONSIBLE PARENTS....

doh....

Otherwise don't dictate in what us adults can play or can't play. Jezz, with everything wrong in this world and in especially in this country we have to hear of our great leaders are tackling headline issues like steroroids, terry shiavio and videogames. :rolleyes:

Whats next? Out lawing zoos because we can see the balls and pepes on males and the girly-girl parts on female monkeys, elephants and 3 toed slothes, etc.?

|MaguS|
04-03-05, 06:01 PM
Oh I blame the parents fully... and the place the game was purchased if they sold it directly to the kid or did not make the parents aware. Parents should be forced to sign wavers when purchasing mature games. There were many times when I worked at EB when a parent told me "Oh, I don't care what he plays" or "I dout its that violent" after I warned them about the title.

BTW I didn't vote since none of the options were directed towards my feeling of the game.

Toss3
04-03-05, 06:06 PM
Here's a concept....

RESPONSIBLE PARENTS....

doh....

Otherwise don't dictate in what us adults can play or can't play. Jezz, with everything wrong in this world and in especially in this country we have to hear of our great leaders are tackling headline issues like steroroids, terry shiavio and videogames. :rolleyes:

Whats next? Out lawing zoos because we can see the balls and pepes on males and the girly-girl parts on female monkeys, elephants and 3 toed slothes, etc.?

Yes you have a point there, but some parents just have the picture that games are none-violent :o especially if they've played any of 'em on the early consoles, like zelda, or some other kind of mind puzzle entertainment :)
I don't acutally think they care if the game has an min. age of 18 labeled on it, if the game is released it's probably suited for anyone! So they buy their children games without knowing what they're really buying...

So they don't actually know that these games can actually make their child grow up to be a massmurderer(I know this happens only in extreme cases, but still that's too many!)

But again, I do hope that they could have better control on the min age, though... I would hate to see a game like GTA get blamed for these kind of actions, even alot of movies are more violent than these games, but parents know that movies can be violent, but not that games can be too...

GamerGuyX
04-03-05, 07:14 PM
Yeah but un called for violence (or just obscene amount) shouldn't be considered entertainment, if you find it entertaining, then get your head checked.

Sin City has an obscene amount of violence in it and thats considered entertainment.

So are you trying to say that everybody that goes to see the movie Sin City is not normal and needs to get their head checked?

EDIT: Who the hell is the moron that voted that San Andreas is way too violent and should be banned? :screwy: Bunch of pussies.

Rakeesh
04-03-05, 07:16 PM
GTA violent? Impossible

aaahhh52
04-03-05, 07:18 PM
So i guess we should outlaw little kids playing cops and robbers cause its to violent. Thats the same as saying gta is to violent. Its fake, if you dont have the mental capacity to realize that (wich can be realized at a very early age with good parenting) then yes indeed you should not be playing this game.

Mr. Hunt
04-03-05, 07:23 PM
Not too violent... more like... to crappy and unimaginitive.

XP_GUN
04-03-05, 07:39 PM

Agree I donít like too much violence like shot the guy in the gut and see his intestine fly to much blood for me. Or the running over people for enjoyment, well you just have problems. But games are made as a form of entertainment just like a movie and just like the family restaurant Hooters with the hot chicks there :p

Now you want violence play postal2 that thank is just way messed up.

BioHazZarD
04-03-05, 07:45 PM
man that blows... leave us gamers alone.

MustangSVT
04-03-05, 08:42 PM
Its fake, if you dont have the mental capacity to realize that (wich can be realized at a very early age with good parenting) then yes indeed you should not be playing this game.
Exactly. If you go out and kill people, then you have mental problems, and it's not because of the game. I was playing Wolf 3D and Doom when I was like 6-7 years old. Same with GTA when I was like 9. Did that make me violent or something? No. I've never gotten into a fight in high school (which I'm almost done now) if that tells you anything.