PDA

View Full Version : New to Nvidia..need help pls.

johnnyig
04-03-05, 09:15 PM
Hi all, I've been an ati user for a long time. My 9700 pro bit the dust and I decided based on reviews etc. to buy a BFG 6600gt OC. It really performs well but i am an Nvidia noob so I'm still learning the tweaks. I am having a problem where I seem to only be able to get 60hz refresh rate at 1600x1200 even though I used re-force to lock my rate at 75 hz at that res. My old Ati board worked fine with that but for some reason the 6600 keeps defaulting to 60 hz. I tried riva tuner but that prgram is a bit much to dive into. Does anyone know how I can get this card to stay at 75 hz? thanks! -John :confused:

retsam
04-03-05, 09:26 PM
what driver version are you using? you should try 7641.

goto guru3d.com and download them there. this sounds like it might be a driver issue.

johnnyig
04-03-05, 10:28 PM
Using the latest drivers from the nvidia site. thanks.-John

Acid Rain
04-04-05, 05:10 AM
Hmmm, reforce always works for me and hasn't once, with any drivers, failed to work. This shouldn't make a difference, but, before I use reforce, I always set my desktop resolution and refresh rate from the display properties window. I remember having to do this in the past with a prior tool, and it's a habit. Anyway, set the res and refresh, then run reforce and finish up. Give it a try.

If this doesn't work, try "refresh lock" http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/ instead as a temp fix. It does run a little program in the tray that start when windows starts (if you let it), forcing the refresh, but it does work, and it works well. I just prefer reforce because it's a one time set it and forget it deal.

Hope this inkling of data helps a little.