PDA

View Full Version : Can't get better framerate in BFME

avesta
04-04-05, 02:56 AM
Im playing battle for middle earth and I installed the mod which allows u to remove the pop limit allowing u to have huge battles. Im playing at these settings: 1280x1024, 4xAA, 16AF and max in-game settings. Now that the battles have become huge im starting to get lag, im only getting 10-15fps. So I turned down the in-game settings, resolution, aa/af all to very low, yet my framerate didn't improve. Does this mean that I'm cpu limited during the huge battles? or could it be something else? I even unclicked the high quality sound checkbox too.

admiral1313
04-04-05, 07:02 AM
Well obliously the pop-up limit is there for a reason.I think it is possible that,even with such a strong CPU like yours,all those units are simply too much a strain for your machine.

avesta
04-04-05, 04:15 PM
if i knew all these damn games were cpu-limited I wouldnt have payed so much money for a cpu now that I think back. It thought most games would be video card limited.

|MaguS|
04-04-05, 04:22 PM
Yup, gotta love how fast graphics technology moves... makes ya wish CPUs would catch up, eh?

Most games are CPU limited in todays age, the new generation of graphics cards has put them beyond the limit.

Holy Smoke
04-04-05, 05:33 PM
You might want to try setting AF control to "application preference" in your driver control panel, as BFME has independent control of AF and may be conflicting with the driver. I've had that problem in quite a few games that allow AF to be set in-game.

avesta
04-04-05, 06:35 PM
You might want to try setting AF control to "application preference" in your driver control panel, as BFME has independent control of AF and may be conflicting with the driver. I've had that problem in quite a few games that allow AF to be set in-game.

but I told u I turned off everything including aa/af in the control panel and even in the game options as well......yet my framerate didn't improve.

Holy Smoke
04-04-05, 07:51 PM
Just wanted to make sure (you wrote you'd set it to "low").

Anyway, in that case it looks like it's a cpu limitation. Still, it seems a bit weird since it sounds like roughly the same performance as on my xp2500@2ghz (frames dropped to similar rates).

Maybe you're just having bigger battles than I did?

avesta
04-04-05, 11:38 PM
Just wanted to make sure (you wrote you'd set it to "low").

Anyway, in that case it looks like it's a cpu limitation. Still, it seems a bit weird since it sounds like roughly the same performance as on my xp2500@2ghz (frames dropped to similar rates).

Maybe you're just having bigger battles than I did?

Well there ARE tons of units going on since both armies have 4000 command points so u can imagine how many units there are. Its just weird how u can lower graphic settings to minimal and it doesnt improve framerate.

Holy Smoke
04-05-05, 12:12 AM
Well there ARE tons of units going on since both armies have 4000 command points so u can imagine how many units there are. Its just weird how u can lower graphic settings to minimal and it doesnt improve framerate.4000?!? I think I never made it past 400, and performance was pretty bad at that.

Anyway, that definitely means it's not your system that is set up wrong. My best guess is that at that point there's too many physics calculations and other non-graphics related stuff that are slowing you down. Near as I could tell, most of the tweakable settings within the game affected vid card performance rather than cpu performance.